Next

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by mctiger, Mar 13, 2015.

1. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

When the trade went down I said graham's numbers will be cut in half which sounded like an exaggeration even as I said it. But I think that's a pretty good estimate.

Double cooks? Why would anyone double Brandon cooks. How many catches did he have last year and how many yards after catch did he have. Not many on either front.

2. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Colston is very near the end of his career and it shows, he just can't stay healthy. Meachem should have retired years ago, there will be undrafted free agents available with more potential. Cooks is still an unknown commodity to say the least. Even if Colston is healthy and plays at a high level the Saints will need help at WR. Without him this could end up looking like a Les Miles offense.

3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I don't think that's an unfair estimate. Seattle isn't going to air it out, and they have to play the Rams, 49ers, and Cardinals twice a season. His softness is going to be magnified in that division.

I'm still not understanding what the hell is going on at running back. Pierre Thomas was a cheap, solid, versatile back, that could block, run, and catch the football. Mark Ingram is shit, and CJ Spiller can't stay healthy, hell Ingram can't either. Both will probably be on the shelf by week 8.

old school and ParadiseiNC like this.
  4. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

its sean paytons biggest weakness. his love for his top draft picks as it waswith reggie bush. its hard to let go. but he shoulda. hes still trying to show he was right all along. ill be shocked if bush and ingram arent lined up together by week 3.

and on the shelf together by week 4.

old school and ParadiseiNC like this.
  5. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Good points. I think CJ will stay healthier with the Saints, though. At Buffalo, the past few years under HC Moron, they asked him to be a between the tackles guy. With the Saints, he's going to be used in the mold of DSproles, and that should promote more durability, I would think. Don't know why they didn't keep PT, other than he was just getting too old? They may not be done at RB position. A rookie, or young FA, may be cheaper than PT, but you know what you get w/PT. Who knows, maybe they resign PT to a lesser contract once he's been cut for a while?

6. old school

old school Veteran Member

I have been truly disappointed by some of the decisions Payton has made over the last few years. It is baffling because in earlier years he evaluated the free agents and lower draft picks correctly and gave Colston, PT, Lance Moore, etc., a chance to start. I have no clue what his fascination with Ingram is. Ingram is not fast, shifty, or a big power back and he is not a good receiver. Payton is ultra aggressive to a fault. There have been times when we have been unable to run the ball effectively the entire game, for example against the interior of the Detroit Lions DL, but Payton will still go for it on 4th down expecting Ingram, (all 5'9" 215lbs) to run over Suh. He suspends all logic and lets his emotions get the best of him. Back to player evaluation. We have shown that we can uncover cheap RB talent on a regular basis: Pierre Thomas, Chris Ivory, Khiry Robinson, etc.,. Why in the world would you give an injury prone RB that is physically limited a big contract?

TwistedTiger and tirk like this.
  7. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

nola.com reporting the team has restructured Kenan Lewis' contract, converting more than 10 million in salary over the next two years to guaranteed signing bonus. The team is 1.7 mill under the salary cap at this point.

8. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

No one else to throw to at this point, so his targets and catches should go up. I'm sure he can beat most corners 1 on 1.

9. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Which is exactly what he wanted them to do. Guarantee the remainder of his contract.

10. old school

old school Veteran Member

From what I read it guarantees this year and next year, but not the final year. However, it looks as if it really gives us very little cap relief in exchange for what we give up. I really want to keep Lewis and admire his playing on one leg during games last year, but from strictly a business point of view it looks like the Saints gave up a lot to keep him happy.