Next

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by mctiger, Mar 13, 2015.

1. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

I like the player, they have taken him too early. I've been on the road, so I didn't get to see or hear any of the draft.

I've said that the Saints have a bunch of needs. I like the Peat pick, that one fell into their lap. The LB could have been got later, but still a very good player. Haven't looked pass that, like I said on the road.

Last edited: May 2, 2015
  2. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Usually, it's the other way around. McShay is usually all over the combine stuff. I just can't warm up to that guy. Seems like a douche to me.

3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

never liked him. but i still love listening to robot kiper.

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

He is full of shit most of the time but I have to admire a guy who was able to make his boyhood hobby into a high paying thing and never had to get a real job in his life.

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  5. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

kiper is an encyclopedia of info on any prospect near puberty. but his actual football acumen is lacking. hes likely never played a sport but read a lot of books. mcshay is likely a good guy but looks like a douche trying too hard.

ParadiseiNC and LSUDad like this.
  6. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

I have some of Kipers first draft books, like everyone, he's had his hits and misses. I too like to watch him in draft mode. Just about everyone has the players they like and dislike. With some picks, you wonder, who's making the calls.

7. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

So what would you suggest....wait until we need a new QB to play now and draft one? Some positions, you don't want to do that. Like QB.

8. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

No draft of a WR was the main thing I saw. But again, I'll revisit their picks when I have more time.

And yes, they did it again this year, I'll go more into detail about what I mean Monday or Tuesday.

9. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

It depends on what the Saints are trying to do. Are they trying to win something significant while they still have Brees or are they building to win in the future. There are far too many holes and not enough cap room to do both IMO. The window on Brees is closing and Grayson is a project at best. If he was available in the 5th maybe, but in the 3rd they could have grabbed someone with the potential to help now.

Bengal B likes this.
  10. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

There's no way to know if Grayson would have still been there in the 5th round. Every single draft pick is a gamble, and its not always a simple choice of now or later. You have to find ways to address both.

ParadiseiNC likes this.