NFL combine

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tiger777, Feb 20, 2003.

1. tiger777

tiger777 Founding Member

Just thought I would let everybody know that supposdly it was reported that toefield has been running sub 4.4 40's think a 4.39 with his trainers. Not sure if its true or not. Also heard boss bailey ran a sub 4.3 vert was like 48'' and he has gained 10 pounds of muscle since the sugar. If these are true then thats amazing. I didn't realize toe was that fast. These aren't combine numbers just ind. workouts with their trainers. Monday is when the RB's perform at the combine. I hope toe does well and boost his draft stauts. I think if he runs a sub 4.4, catches well, performs good in the other drills, and checks out ok with the doctors that he could move all the way up to 2nd rounder maybe even late 1st with a good combine and good ind. workouts. I think DD will go early 3rd no matter what though.

2. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

If Toe is running sub 4.4 then he will for sure be a 1st rounder. And if Boss Bailey has a 48" vertical then I'm the toothfairy. ;)

3. Mojo74

Mojo74 Founding Member

I heard a commentator mention this same stat (although he may have said 40 not 48) during the season sometime. Bama/UGA game perhaps. Pretty damn impressive if it's true.

4. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

Here is a quote from the Atlanta Hawks GM on verticals. This is coming from an NBA executive and should be considered somewhat informed.

Q - "What is the highest vertical leap you have ever heard of someone having?"

A - You hear all kinds of things each year, but many are unlikely to be true. A lot of people measure vertical jump differently and that also creates some problems comparing different athletes. Some measure off the run, others at a complete standstill, etc. From a standstill, anything 36" or better is excellent...and unusual. There are stories of 40" verticals and greater...I have never seen anyone actually measured with a vertical like that.

5. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

6. I'd like to know if it was standing still, running, etc. - just how it was measured. If he as a vertical that big, I would say he's playing the wrong sport....

7. SeN-SaTioN

SeN-SaTioN Founding Member

They should have a standard as far as measuring vertical jumps. I've always thought it was from a stand still position. Bailey probably did it running...IMO