NFL Combine

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by UPTTiger, Mar 1, 2010.

1. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

Those videos comparing Rich Eisen in his suit running the 40 against everybody else was funnier'n'hell.

What a great use of video technology seeing them running together.

2. tigertees

tigertees Freshman

Yeah, the wonders of technology these days!

3. DRC

DRC TigerNator

Chad Jones and Harry Coleman both had the lowest number of bench press reps at their position. I know some people dont put up great combine numbers but bench press is a basic indication of strength. Ciron Black only had 23 while others at his position like Okung(38) and the guy from Arkansas(45) did much better. Alem, Alexander and Woods didnt even do the reps.

4. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

i think cjones's performance at least has been debunked because most of his reps were not officially counted.

but after seeing that the two UGA DTs did awesome while being decent but underacheiving players i cant say that its a big deal.

5. DRC

DRC TigerNator

Chad's performance was not debunked. They specifically talked about his low reps on NFL network. There was no mention of a specific number but if it wasnt low they would not have been talking about it.

I think bench press is a pretty important. It demonstrates pure strength and for whatever reason our players who lifted didnt do that good. I dont know what, if anything, it means for our team but based on comparing other players raw strength to ours, we are a lacking a little.

6. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

Geno Atkins would have thrown up those numbers if he went to LSU and Chad Jones would have had similar #'s had he gone to Georgia. All S&C programs are similar - not all bodies are.

7. DRC

DRC TigerNator

It doesnt mean anything to just isolate two players like that and while it may be true nobody knows for sure. To make any kind of judgment you have to look at the overall performance of all our players and how they measure up to others across the board.

I never thought twice about our S&C until this thread. Like everyone else we all believe we have one of the best but after poking around a bit we are more often than not on the low end in lifting. For some reason we also have a lot of players that elect not to lift. I didnt compare to other teams but its more than you would think including this year when none of our D-Lineman lifted.

Here are some numbers from years past, good and bad. I didnt dig real hard and we could probably find more complete data for 05-08 but here is what I found.

Corey Webster - 9, worst for all DB's

Jesse Daniels - 25, 3rd highest for DB's

Chevis Jackson - 13, 2nd worst for cornerbacks
    Jacob Hester - 23, 2nd worst for fullbacks

Quinn Johnson - 16, worst for all fullbacks
    Herman Johnson - 21, 6th worst for all o-lineman (38 lifted)
    Brett Helms - 25, 9th out of the 12 centers who lifted
    Marlon Favorite- 26, 13th out of the 19 DT's who lifted
    Darry Beckwith - 23, 15th out of the 23 LB's who lifted
    Curtis Taylor - 13, 44th out of the 51 DB's who lifted

Ciron Black - 23, 5th worst for O-lineman (32 lifted)
    Harry Coleman - 13, worst for all LB's (31 lifted)
    Chris Hawkins - 16, tied for 19th overall (48 lifted)
    Chad Jones - 9, 5th worst for DB's (48 lifted)

1 person likes this.
  8. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

So___________o if his reps were not "officially counted" doesn't that mean they DIDN'T COUNT? They never happened. Nada, zilch, naught.

9. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

Considering, physicality is part of what Miles is stressing this spring, I think there is some correlation to our lack of stamina in games. Something that many of us have pointed out over the past couple of seasons. I was pointing it out, but didn't think that it was possibly this bad. Now this isn't to say our boys aren't every bit as strong as others, just that this seems to indicate there could be some S & C concerns.

10. pjnchamps

pjnchamps Founding Member

Damn good work and info...S&C has got to get better...especially the lineman maybe that's why both sides especially the oline has been getting abused

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLWagEGQvEE [/MEDIA]