NFL Combine

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by UPTTiger, Mar 1, 2010.

1. DRC

DRC TigerNator

I realize the sample size is small but its relative and there is a pattern. The combine is the only independent outlet for measuring these things and the players we sent performed poorly. Its also telling that quite a few of our lineman, especially D-Lineman, do not lift. When a player doesn't participate in a combine activity they are usually waiting for pro day OR they dont want to show a weakness. I dont believe college players lift at pro day so by not lifting at the combine it will draw attention and questions from the scouts.

While you cant draw definitive conclusions from the data it does raise legitimate questions.

1 person likes this.
  2. houtiger

houtiger Founding Member

Not at combine, Perrilloux works out for NFL

Ryan Perrilloux shows off his NFL-caliber arm | al.com

Good comments about RP.

3. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

Re: Not at combine, Perrilloux works out for NFL

I saw an interview on here about how he's changed his off field habbits. I think if he gets a shot and doesn't let the money affect his off field decisions, he should be a really good pickup for someone.

4. houtiger

houtiger Founding Member

I wish it had worked out at LSU for RP, but I at least hope it works out well for him now that he supposedly got his act together.

If he got it together and things work out, he should come back to LSU and THANK LES MILES. Les doing the right thing and kicking him in the butt may be the root of his success. Life works in strange ways. I still like Les. It has cost LSU the last two years, but it was the right thing to do. I hope RP takes advantage if he gets a second shot, and it looks to me like he will.

1 person likes this.
  5. TheDude

TheDude I'm calmer than you.

Perfect.:thumb: