NFL continues mission....

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by mctiger, Dec 12, 2016.

1. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

of returning the Saints to irrelevance. Having permanently tainted our only Super Bowl championship with a fabricated bounty scandal, the league is now after our fan base and reputation as a team with a decided home field advantage. They have flexed our Christmas Eve home game against Tampa to 3:25, making it FOX's national game. This will likely be a huge game for the Bucs but a nothing game for us. And with a late afternoon Christmas Eve kickoff, the nation will be looking at a Superdome that will have about the same crowd size and passion as a Tulane/Southern Miss game.

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

The league and Goodell detest the Saints, that's obvious.

3. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

I couldn't agree more, which makes you wonder why we got a questionable 'Roughing QB' call today that basically iced the game. I guess we got 1 for every 20 or so calls that go against us and we were due.

4. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

That was a game-changing and highly questionable call.

5. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

I agree, but I don't feel bad about it one bit. We're usually on the receiving end of bad calls that cost us the game, so the one time in a blue moon that a bad call helps us win, then I'm ok with that. We were over due.

mctiger likes this.