NFL playoffs

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by LaSalleAve, Jan 9, 2016.

1. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Hey we all know what you mean when you use the T word racist.

LaSalleAve likes this.
  2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I think it fits. If a white gut acted that way he would be a thug too.

Perfect example, Cincinnati's thug fans cheering when a guy gets hurt. Totally reminds me of WVU fans cheering when Mo Claiborne was injured in Tiger Stadium. Thugs all of em.

3. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Porter was nowhere near Brown. He was in the middle of a gaggle of about 6 Cincy players when the scuffle started that resulted in the flag on Jones. He had no business being out there.

4. LaSalleAve

He was out with the guys that were helping Brown off the field with another white headed trainer for the steelers, Burfict it looked like was trying to say something to Brown, almost apologetic it seems to me, and then he pushed the white haired guy, and Porter stayed back. When Jones did what he did, yes Porter was in the middle of a bunch of Bengals, but he was out there with Brown and was walking back to the sideline before Burfict pushed the white haired man.

You can see it all in different clips here.

You do make a good point though, he probably shouldn't have been there because he isn't really doing anything, which is why I'm wondering if he was just out there checking on Brown.

Do you think he intentionally went out there to bait them into a penalty? If so that's pretty brilliant. Bush league, but brilliant all the same.

http://mweb.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-o...-jones-joey-porter-at-end-of-steelers-bengals

5. LaSalleAve

BTW the reason I say it's brilliant is that you know Cincinnati is full of hot heads. If you are Drew Brees, how many times have you exploited an aggressive defense with your cadence? You trick them into committing a penalty. If that's what you are accusing Porter of, it's kind of smart, knowing your QB can't throw the ball farther than 20 yards. Again it's kind of bush league, but at the same time Cincinnati has to be smarter than that.

6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

The Steelers awarded the he ball to Porter.

7. LaSalleAve

-6 degrees in Minnesota today. 3rd coldest playoff game ever. Yards aren't coming easy as we have 2 really good defenses in a game that is set up for a defensive struggle because of the weather.

Vikes up 3-0. I've got Seattle in this one and I've actually got Washington in the game later on.

8. LaSalleAve

Wilson is going to have to run the ball a lot today to get a win I feel.

9. LaSalleAve

Lots of SEC tailbacks this weekend. Alfred Blue, Jeremy Hill, Spencer Ware, Christine Michael, Matt Jones, Eddie Lacy.

10. LaSalleAve

What's really crazy is I think all these tailbacks except James Starks, Jordan Toddman and Fitzgerald Touissant, every tailback that had or will have a carry in the first weekend of the playoffs is from either Texas, Louisiana, Florida, or Georgia.