NFL Wonderlic score for Patrick Peterson

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by boblinfoto, Mar 19, 2011.

1. boblinfoto

boblinfoto Ohio LSU fan/artist

From ProFootballWeekly.com:

Two of the NFL's brightest future stars, LSU CB Patrick Peterson and Georgia WR A.J. Green, registered among the five lowest Wonderlic scores of the 330 participants at this year’s NFL scouting combine.

Peterson was one of four prospects who recorded a dreaded single-digit score, which NFL teams often equate with getting their name right, tying with South Carolina's Chris Culliver for the lowest mark among all defensive backs as both correctly answered only nine questions on the 12-minute, 50-question test.
    :shock:

At least for Defensive personnel, this score is not as important, but could be of some concern.

2. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Patrick Peterson is the most gifted football player I've ever seen. The Wonderlic is great for a kid that can take a timed test, but that is a liability for some folks. It just is. Peterson can play ball, and a guy cannot be stupid and play football at the level at which Peterson plays the game.

3. lsu_mackey

lsu_mackey Agent Purple

I wonder how much he actually tried. Hell, If I knew I was going to be going in the first round and they wanted me to sit down for 12 minutes to take some bogus test, I would screw around as well.

In High School, Texas wanted all of it's senior high school students to take the TAKS test, even though it was not going to be used against us, they just wanted to use us as guinea pigs for the lower grades. Instead of taking the test I just turned my answer sheet into a smiley face using the bubbles provided.

I received 2 days In-School Suspension (which was bogus) but it was retarded to make us take it in the first place.

4. StaceyO

Why on earth did they made the seniors take the TAKS? Wouldn't that be a major testing violation, anyway? Was it the admin's idea to keep you guys quiet whit the others were testing?

5. Richdog

Richdog 02 Cecilia alumni champs

Ever hear of Dexter Manley?
    Dexter Manley's incredible story: 'I broke down and started crying

6. lsu_mackey

lsu_mackey Agent Purple

I never quite figured it out...either they didn't want to give us the day off so they required us to take the test or they wanted us to be quiet during real TAKS or, I vaguely remember, it was a sample test they wanted us to take to gauge difficulty levels.

I can't remember but it was ridiculous.

7. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

plenty of stupid guys are great football players. instincts and athleticism are all thats necessary.

8. StaceyO

Does PP really strike you as stupid, though?

9. lsu_mackey

lsu_mackey Agent Purple

I think the movie Blindside. A la Michael Oher, comes to mind

10. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

i figured his wonderlic score would suck but its irrelevant due to his level of talent.

im shocked ryan mallet got a 20. matters a lot more at qb though.