NFL Wonderlic score for Patrick Peterson

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by boblinfoto, Mar 19, 2011.

1. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Color me shocked on Mr. Mallet, as well. He never struck me as the brightest bulb in the pack.

2. LSUTyga73

LSUTyga73 Football Connoisseur

Some people just don't test well on those types of tests. I doubt he prepared much for it anyways. I wouldn't be concerned because all it takes is 5 minutes with him to know what kind of person he is. Likewise with Mallett...

3. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

The Titans drafted a Rhodes Scholar last year, he spend the entire season on the Practice Squad.

4. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

yes they are called stupid people and the people who make excuses for them.

5. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

I love Patrick Peterson and even Peter Patterson (thanks Vern for that one), but I don't understand those that make excuses for low test scores.

The Wonderlic is not exactly the toughest test out there and to do poorly has to be a concern. To suggest he did not try is even worse, much worse.

One who lacks the intrinsic motivation to do their best when they are being tested has issues. Yeah, I am a teacher, and yeah I used to score high, but if you take one off on a test, when might you take another one off. I would much rather Peterson get a 9, or whatever, trying than dogging it.

And I would still love to have him on my team. Anytime. Regardless.

hwr

6. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Not only that, but the guys on NFL Live were saying that, in the last 10 years or so, agents have obtained copies of the test, so each one of their clients have taken it at least 3 times before taking the one the NFL offers. If that's true and he still made a 9 says a lot.

7. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

There's no way he wasn't prepared. I'm afraid his position just dropped a little. Number one seems out of the question now.

8. paducahmichael

paducahmichael Tiger Band Class of '73

Those Wonderlic tests are NOT easy!

Here's a few sample questions:

Wonderlic* Practice Questions Set 1

1. A physical education class has three times as many girls as boys. During a class basketball game, the girls average 18 points each, and the class as a whole averages 17 points per person. How many points does each boy score on average?

2. Randolph has 8 ties, 6 pairs of pants, and 4 dress shirts. How many days could he possibly go without wearing the same combination of these three items?

3. John is a mechanic. He makes $8.50 an hour, plus $3 extra for every oil change he performs. Last week he worked 36 hours and performed 17 oil changes. How much money did he make?

4. A box of staples has a length of 6 cm, a width of 7 cm, and a volume of 378 cm cubed. What is the height of the box?

5. What is the average of all of the integers from 13 to 37?

6. A basketball player averaged 20 points a game over the course of six games. His scores in five of those games were 23, 18, 16, 24, and 27. How many points did he score in the sixth game?

7. Arnold is about to go on a 500-mile car trip. His mechanic recommends that he buy a special highway engine oil that will save him 50 cents in gas for every 25 miles of the trip. This new oil, however, will cost $20. Is it worthwhile for Arnold to buy the oil if he has a coupon for $4 dollars off the price?

How did you do with these? Any headaches out there?

9. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Oh, so it's a math-heavy test...I'd be lucky to make a 9. Hit me with your best shot, tirk.

10. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

All but the second question are 8th grade, pre-algebra questions. We don't teach permutations so that one is not covered.