NFL Wonderlic score for Patrick Peterson

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by boblinfoto, Mar 19, 2011.

1. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

But if there are 50 questions, in 12 minutes, that could be tough.

2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

most of these top level athletes are in sports for their payday. of course they cannot do this stuff because they never had to. thats why we can. we had to or we would have failed.

this has been the way since beginning of organized sports.

not sure why anyone cares or is surprised. this test has nothing to do with how well they will perform on the field. its more for qbs to see if they can process ****loads of information. and something for fat white dudes to try and use as leverage.

has zero effect on patrick peterson no matter what anyone tells you and he knows this. if a team wanted him 1st overall they will not let this sway them one bit. same for the 5th pick.

3. Zackardo

Zackardo Founding Member

I'd always thought that if a team was really concerned about lack of intelligence in a potential first pick draftee, they'd just quiz him on whatever schemes, plays, or audibles they felt appropriate in an interview. Anyone who's a potential number 1 pick gets lots of face to face time with anyone involved in the decision to make it so.

4. flabengal

flabengal Founding Member

At the very least he doesn't test well. Doesn't mean he's not a great football player though.

5. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

pretty sure it's multiple choice so you could get a 9 by default.

6. flabengal

flabengal Founding Member

I played college golf and our team had quite a few foreigners on the squad. A few brits, south africans and a swedish kid. I was in econ 101 with the swede and they must not use scantron tests over there. Anyway, the kid used a pen (not a no. 2 pencil) on his scantron. I didn't notice during test day but the next class we got our tests back and he missed every single question on the test. The teacher had put a hand written note on his scantron to see her after class.

The poor guy burst into tears on the spot. :bncry: He thought he was going to flunk out of school immediately or something. Anyway, he calmed down after I explained it to him but it was a scene I will never forget. Can you imagine? In a foreign country....on scholarship...taking classes in another language, etc. Must have been very traumatic for him.

He turned out to be a good player though, he made Honarable Mention All American.

Just my .02.....

7. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Okay, I didn't realize it was multiple choice. That makes a difference.

8. BGTiger

BGTiger Founding Member

The Wonderlic is not a multiple choice test. You have to fill in the blanks. That being said, a 9 is still pretty low. However, a recent study published shows the Wonderlic is not predictive of performance in the NFL, which is not surprising because the Wonderlic tests concepts like math and not football instincts. I've linked the study if you guys wanna see it for yourself.Not Much More Than g? An Examination of the Impact of Intelligence on NFL Performance

9. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

This shouldn't be that hard for a guy with three years of college and a calculator.

10. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Patrick be fast. :grin: