NFL Wonderlic score for Patrick Peterson

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by boblinfoto, Mar 19, 2011.

1. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

Also, don't forget he was a junior...A lot of that stuff is probably covered senior year! :D

2. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

I guess I am in the minority here but I think that is pathetic.
    I think this reflects VERY poorly on LSU.

Sure you can say "He didnt care, he is a pure football player" he has been at LSU for 3 years.
    Surely he had to learn SOMETHING. To be middle of the pack, that I get I dont think we need Stanford type numbers.
    But to finish dead last.
    I think that is embarrassing. PP is the highest profile player since JR to come out.
    We saw how JR turned out.

3. KingEmeritus

KingEmeritus ofthePoint

I took the Wonderlic for a staffing service and didn't get to use a calculator. I don't know if it's the same for the NFL.

4. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

I agree with you. People can rationalize it all they want since we all support LSU and root for players from LSU to do well at the next level. But, I would prefer that they represent the University well academically above athletics. I realize his major, so to speak, is football and he is excellent at that. Still, JR is the last "taste" in our mouths for LSU representation in the first round, and now PP scores an all time low on a test administered by the NFL, albeit a meaningless one. Disappointing in my book. Still rooting for PP to be successful, of course.

5. KingEmeritus

KingEmeritus ofthePoint

Not gonna happen to PP7.

6. paducahmichael

paducahmichael Tiger Band Class of '73

I don't think they get to use a calculator, but not sure of that.

Those samples are not mind bending or anything, but with the time limit, I think they are challenging enough.

Math was always my Achilles' heel.

7. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

I am not arguing that is not that ALL our players have made buffoons of themselves like JR has.
    But fact is a fact. When ESPN talks about JR they never say "Bama Boy" they say "Former LSU quarterback Jamarcus Russell"
    He was the #1 pick in the draft and is being labeled as the biggest bust in NFL history. When they show highlights of him in college its us.

Anyway I am not saying PP will be ANYTHING like that. Matter of fact i know he wont simply because of his work ethic that JR never had. So I am not comparing the two.

8. MBTigah

MBTigah Myrtle Beach Tiger Fan

I agree 1,000 %!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. BGTiger

BGTiger Founding Member

You cannot use a calculator on the Wonderlic.

And yes, a 9 is terrible, but at the end of the day it will come down to PP7 either being known as the guy that scored last in his recruiting class on the Wonderlic or known as one of the greatest corners/return men to ever play the game. Seeing how he's played at LSU and how impressive he looks now, I'm gonna say he makes his legacy known on the field.

10. b_leblanc

b_leblanc That's just my game...

Comparing Patrick Peterson to Jamarcus Russell is unfair to Patrick Peterson. Jamarcus Russell was a flop for a lot of reasons. He's fat and lazy. He had absolutely zero work ethic. He didn't want to play football, he just wanted to get paid. Go back and look at the interviews. When asked which team he'd like to go to, he simply said, "whoever makes me the first pick". That's all he cared about, #1 pick money. He was selfish and did not want to work. Like a lot of guys in their 20's, the only difference is once he got paid he's no longer living with momma. (May very well be again if his house gets repo'd.)

Patrick Peterson on the other hand is very hungry. He's a workaholic. I don't really believe that this poor test score shows anything about what kind of football player he is, again, go back and look at the film. We all saw the same thing. His physical attributes, i.e. blazing speed, frame size, footwork, so on and so on. This test does not show what kind of a football player a person is, that can only be determined on the field.

I can agree, however, that this may look bad for the university and the program. He obviously did good enough in his classes to reach his junior year on time. I'm sure he'll finish his degree in the future too. People shouldn't put too much into this test score. PP7 will be playing on Sundays for years to come. :thumb: