NFL Wonderlic score for Patrick Peterson

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by boblinfoto, Mar 19, 2011.

1. Zackardo

Zackardo Founding Member

Wonderlic test score don't always project success, failure in NFL - NFL - SI.com

It doesn't say how many schools fit their criteria of having enough Wonderlic scores analyzed, which is of course important information. But I hope this provides some comfort to those worried that people will interpret a sports league's "IQ test" as a sign that LSU turns out ignorant football players; as a sign that LSU turns out ignorant students. 10th place (1st in SEC) doesn't sound bad.

2. TigerCliff

TigerCliff Veteran Member

The wonderlic does show what a kid will do in class ! Anything below a 10 is awful and if you are a teacher you know you are dealing with a very slow person.

Saying that I am not sure how football people will look at it. I know if he was to be my QB no way I would even look at him. But for my CB added to what he can do I am not sure it would bother me that much.

Good luck PP

3. PSU2LSU

PSU2LSU Veteran Member

Patrick Peterson scoring a 9 on the wonderlic is abysmal. But like many have said, that's not the deciding factor of whether he's going to be succesful at the next level or not, especially for a corner back that's going to be asked to play man to man. Peterson just needs to study football from here on out, he'll hire a accountant and lawyers to take care of the rest.

That being said, from an academic standpoint this is pathetic. Three years at LSU and he scores the lowest on the wonderlic test. Doesn't speak well for LSU as a academic institution.

4. sonof504

sonof504 Founding Member

I wouldn't rule out the possibility that he simply blew off such a basic test.

5. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

yeah almost as bad as nittany lion lavon chisley getting life in prison for murder. going all oj on a student for money and stabbing him to death.

Also it's successful. Were you an English major from Penn St?

6. PSU2LSU

PSU2LSU Veteran Member

Yes that was horrible.. Lavon was kicked off the team 2 years before this happened, so at the time of the incident he wasn't a nittany lion. But I was living in State College at the time and knew people in that apartment complex.

BTW I don't come on this board trashing LSU. I'm a LSU fan trying to give an objective opinion. The wonderlic mostly matters for the offense and QB's in particular. I doubt this affects Peterson's draft status, he's still a likely top 5 pick and the best corner in the draft.

And no I wasn't a English major and I didn't get a degree from PSU. I got my BSBA from a small state school in Central PA. English was one of my worst subjects.

7. Zackardo

Zackardo Founding Member

Why isn't Penn State on this list?

8. PSU2LSU

PSU2LSU Veteran Member

I'm not on hear to argue Penn State's academic standards versus LSU's academic standards. As a LSU fan I was just disappointed in Peterson's wonderlic score after attending LSU. Is it possible that he blew the score off? Sure it's possible. Even if he scored a zero on the wonderlic, its not a good gauge of how well he's going to perform as a football player.

Perfect Example, Leshawn McCoy a Philadelphia Eagles running back scored a 11 on the wonderlic. He was drafted into a very complicated offense at a position that requires blitz reads etc. He's done very well at the NFL level. In the end I am going to predict that Peterson goes on to several pro bowls and 3 years from now, no one remembers his wonderlic scores.

BTW here are some wonderlic test questiosn from ESPN. Nothing to do with football at all.ESPN.com - Page2 - So, how do you score?

9. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Those sample questions are a LOT different from the ones posted earlier in this thread. And that's different, as in...much, much easier.

10. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

they posted only the hardest few on the test. the test is about 8th grade level overall if i had to guess.

thats what you did. I just figured id even the playing field.