Nice quote by.......

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by DeathValley, May 31, 2003.

1. DeathValley

DeathValley Founding Member

Northeastern Catcher Matt Morizio
    "Overall the experience was excellent. I've never seen anything like this, tailgating for college baseball. The fact that they were inviting us over afterwards was amazing and the food was pretty good too."

Hmmmm we are supposed classless people according people from Bama, Texas ect. yet we invite players from a team that was eliminated from the regional to our tailgate parties.

2. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

Its great that we are able to have a fellowship with some opposing teams like that. Who knows, since they had a good expierance maybe we can have a weekend series with either them or UNCW in the future. A team liek UNCW would be a great prep series for the conference play. They impressed me today. They had some powerful bats.

3. JoeReckless

JoeReckless Founding Member

UNC-WILMINGTON QUOTES

Head Coach Mark Scalf
    "Tough to get any better then that right there. I don't know from a fan standpoint, but I definitely feel like you can't script it out any better then that. From a coach and player standpoint, it's awful difficult to play that type of game. Those teams competed the entire day. We made a few too many mistakes and they swung the bat better then we did and were able to put the final run on the board late. I couldn't be any prouder of the young men on our club. To play as well as we have, carry us to this point and to be quite honest, I don't know if they wanted to play us one more time."

First Baseman Matt Wright
    "Basically, I felt really comfortable at the plate. It's our last game and for me personally as a senior, it's my last go around and you want to play well. Enough about the game, the fans here are probably the best fans I have ever met in my life and other then being a Seahawk, I'm going to start pulling for LSU from here on out."

Outfielder Chip Grawey
    "Like Matt Wright said, the fans here are great. It was a pleasure playing ball today. We came in after two long ones yesterday and a long hot day yesterday, we knew it was going to be a battle today. We knew that whoever could get through the heat would take it. Great battle, great fans, great atmosphere out here in Baton Rouge and like (Matt Wright) he said, go LSU."

4. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

To hear comments like that from an opponent who just lost makes me proud to be an LSU fan. And the coach is right. I sure didn't want to play them again.

5. tigerb8

tigerb8 Founding Member

They were TOUGH! My hat off to UNC W! They have a helluva team!

6. StarscreamLSU

StarscreamLSU Founding Member

Think they know the LSU fans gave them an even easier time than most opponents becuase they knocked Tulane out the tourney? :)