Nice "Sources" Crawfish

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by shel311, Dec 25, 2004.

1. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

I found it funny that with each and every "newbie" to post insight from "sources", a lot of people bashed them saying that we shouldn't trust anyone with relatively few posts, but said people (including myself) bought into everything that Crawfish said while claiming that it was crazy to believe everything posted on a message board. Well, oddly enough it was Crawfish's predictions that turned out to be the type that makes everyone leary on what they believe when hearing it online....

2. Saffire

Saffire Freshman

First time post here, been lurking around for quite a while though.

I think that Coach Saban's mind wasn't made up until WH flew in. They signed the contract in my brother's law firm (and believe me when I say that contract is an offer you can't refuse) Friday. WH is a billionaire, and you don't get to be a billionaire if you can't negociate(sp?).

All in all, can't blame Crawfish, he was probably right...until Friday when WH flew in.

3. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

I won't sugar coat how I feel about what CRAW tried to feed to us. Positive spin or not, he lied to all of us to try to be the "HERO".

CRAW said he turned down the original offer of 4 million and WH "threw the bank at him" when he visited yesterday offering him over 5 million. This was all BS!!

It just doesn't add up. The final offer was between 4 and 5 million so it's obvious WH didn't come here with more money to entice Saban. So why was CRAW saying this crap? CRAW is a two bit liar and I don't think everyone should be sugar coating his lies. HE LIED TO US! CRAW be a man and show your face.

4. SpringTiger

SpringTiger Founding Member

C'mon! Think about it for a second! What was Saban supposed to say? Should he have said: "Oh yeah, I am very much planning to move on to the NFL, because it represents a challenge at the highest level. As soon as I get the right offer, I am going to leave LSU and take it!" GET REAL! From that point forward, he would be questioned ENDLESSLY about going to the NFL. The players would be talking about Nick Saban possibly leaving for the NFL. They would play every game wondering whether it was the last with Saban as coach. The team, likely, would have won only 50% of its games! Think about it!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AAAARGHH!!!!!!! I'm sorry, but I just cannot believe how many people just don't get how such a situation MUST be handled!!!

5. martin

martin Banned Forever

i agree with you 100%. i have always admired the way saban deals with the media because he is so aware of how they take statements and run with them and annoy the hell out of you if you give them the answers they want.

6. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

Just a little something for your pipe...

http://www.tigerforums.com/showthread.php?t=23538

I don't think for one minute Crawfish was out for glory or props...this is just a freakin' message board. I do believe he thought, like myself, the info was legit until the last possible minute...enough already.

7. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Crawfish's last post sounded much less sure of himself. I could see that he wasn't so sure anymore.

8. crawfish

crawfish Founding Member

Just walked in the door from a night of great food, drinks and fun.....

Get over it.......

Maybe I'll post John Brady will stay at LSU if it helps?

Where was this "sheman" poster before the PC??????????????, figures.............

:lsug:

9. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

Bah...blow it off...seems you already have.

I got my stuff wrong too. I guess since you were the first to be so adamant you get the heat. No worries...

10. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Crawfish is not to blame here. The gullible masses that bought what he was selling are. Buyer beware.