Nick Child

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by mike5705, Jul 26, 2004.

1. mike5705

mike5705 Founding Member

Dandy Don mentioned that he may not be on the team anymore. has anyone else heard this rumor and can elaborate or can anyone confirm it as a fact. This guy in high school shut down his side of the field every game (i was there) and was a blazer with 4.3 speed. with two seniors starting at cb it would be ashame to lose this kid who was the #7 rated cb coming out of high school.

2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

damn, thought the title meant Saban was pregnant.

no worries...we need room for an extra scholarship anyhow.

3. Atreus21

Atreus21 Founding Member

Either that or he cheated on his wife. Scared me half to death.

4. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Yeah this is not good. I think he was being projected next in line after Prude and Stevenson in the nickel and dime packages.

5. NOSA

NOSA Founding Member

I couldn't disagree more. Not when you get another scholarship by losing a 4 star CB that was looking good. Let's hope DD is wrong on this one.

6. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

agreed. just making light of the situation knowing it won't be the end of LSU football. Knowing the depth we have now is deeper than ever, I don't care if he was rated 10 stars by Simon Cowell. Maybe I do care but I sure as hell won't lose any sleep over it. Sucks losing a top db but all is well. next.

7. TigerStagg

TigerStagg Founding Member

CB is not a position where we can stand much attrition. I hope Child isn't leaving because of his position on the chart this year. We lose 3 seniors ahead of him. I hope he sticks it out. We could be very lean at corner next year. Stevenson, Gordon, Jack, Child (maybe), none have taken any real snaps.

8. bigfella99

bigfella99 Founding Member

I had not heard anything about Nick Child leaving the team. I thought Saban complimented him after Spring Practice. Also, Child is listed in the just released Media Guide.

On a related note, I think Ronnie Prude may be back next year. He is listed as a senior, but he was a partial qualifier, so he is eligible to get back the year he lost as a PQ. From what I understand, he has met these requirements and will be given an extra year of eligibility. If this is correct, he will be eligible to play in 2005, after Webster and Daniels have left. If you remember, Webster was also a Partial Qualifier, and was granted an extra year (which will be this year)

BigFella99

9. bigfella99

bigfella99 Founding Member

Do you mean Sammy Joseph from Colorado? He should be a good player. I'm not aware of a transfer from OSU...

BF99

10. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

He has to mean CU Bigfella, by the way, welcome to this board. And from what I've heard Prude has been granted that extra year since he is on pace to graduate in time. Anyone else here anything about this?