Nick Saban to open a Mercedes-Benz dealership in Birmingham

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Cajun Sensation, Nov 11, 2013.

1. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

I have heard from someone in the know that Nick Saban is opening a Mercedes-Benz dealership in the Birmingham area.

Why does this matter? Well, if he bolts for UT, would folks in Alabama purchase his cars?

This is not a rumor thread. It is a fact that he is opening it (I do not question my source).

In your opinion, is this enough to keep him at Bama (along with everything else)?

Last edited: Nov 11, 2013
  2. TigersTailgating

TigersTailgating Waterford Lesticles

I read a few weeks back on twitter that Terry was going to franchise a Caines in Tuscaloser...

3. shane0911

shane0911 Veteran Member Staff Member

He is arrogant enough to think they would, but then again, who in tuskaloser besides saban and half of the team can afford a damn benz anyway?

4. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 Boobies make everything A OK!!!

Sweet. Glad u shared.

5. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

The individual who handles the car leases for Saban/Bama has been mentioning this to him since before the season in 2010.

6. TigerBacker70

TigerBacker70 I'm the Cock of the Walk!

I don't think its relevant. People will buy a car if they want to buy a car whether he's still coaching there or not. Alex Rodriguez has a MB dealership in Houston. His being a lying, juicing douchebag notwithstanding, people still buy cars there.

7. Cajun Sensation

I'm hearing that he has $20 million of his own money vested in this thing.

8. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

That sounds a little high to me. I don't know what MB charges as a franchise fee but I know Lexus/Toyota/Scion are half of that (Lexus being around 11MM with new land purchase and a new build.) The inventory isn't that great of an expense.

9. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

I'm sure that's a joke but in case it's not, that would never happen.

10. Cajun Sensation

I understand that it may "sound high" to you. I'm telling you facts. Take it or leave it.