Nick Saban's Vaunted Defense Falls Flat in the End.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Jean Lafitte, Jan 1, 2005.

1. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

Saban's vaunted defense gives up a 57 yard TD pass and a 56 yard TD pass to win the game.

What about that PRO caliber DEFENSE, COACH??

Special Teams gives up TWO blocked punts, one for a TD.

HEY DOOLEY, WHY COULDN'T YOU WAIT TILL AFTER THE GAME TO FIND A HOUSE IN MIAMI??

On a positive note: Way to go JaMarcus Russell. You played a GREAT game. I'm not being sarcastic, he played a great game.

I've never been more proud of a group of LSU football players. How in the world can you expect such young men to overcome that mountain of adversity that has descended on LSU since 14 Dec 04? And yet, they DID overcome, and they came within a hair's breadth of winning the game.

Thank you, 2004 LSU Tiger football players.

2. philter

philter Founding Member

Nice, you are real classy. Way to show your upbringing.

3. JohnnyT

JohnnyT Founding Member

What was Keron Gordon doing in there?

I had to go look up who #24 was from a roster to figure out who missed the coverage.

4. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

Sorry you feel that way, but

how many big play touchdowns does our secondary have to give up over the years before we have to consider, JUST HOW GREAT IS SABAN'S SECONDARY COACHING?!

It's all moot now, but this was a 56 yard TD pass that we gave up today! At LEAST the Arky game TD pass in 2002 was only about 34 yards.

5. MarineTiger

MarineTiger Founding Member

Players fault for the last pass.

Not the coaches.

6. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

True but guys don't forget about the first TD we gave them, just as important. :dis: :cuss:

7. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

some people are smart enough to realize this. unfortunately some posters here really show how smart ( or lack of it ) they are about such matters.

I know this goes without saying but I'm glad I'm not the only one who notices.

8. MarineTiger

MarineTiger Founding Member

Very true.

I am not saying I am not pissed off at several things that happened but people are making it seem like Nick Saban on purpose screwed things up.

9. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I used to respect you. That's no longer true. You need to learn to step away from the keyboard when you are emotional.

10. burlesontiger

burlesontiger Founding Member

If you really want to find fault, it is the fact that apart from one or two plays, we could not run the ball. 2 defensive mistakes do not make a whole game. That D was pretty solid most of the day, and had the running game been able to get going, they wouldn't have been on the field as much. Injuries on the line, plus (admit it), a pretty good defensive gameplan by Iowa were the biggest factors in the game. Just my opinion, but there it is. By the way, I think JR will be just fine next year.