Nick's head nearly exploded tonight

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by cadillacattack, Oct 9, 2004.

1. cadillacattack

cadillacattack Illegitimi non carborundum est

Did anybody else think that Coach Saban's head was about to explode just before the half? Man, was he ever givin' it to the zebras! He went off like Boy Volcano! I haven't seen anything like that since the last time I saw Bobby Cox

- and in a strange way, I think the team fed off of CNS's intensity. :thumb:

2. Thorny

Thorny Founding Member

He has one of those melt-downs about 3 times a year. I specifically remember him going off on one of our kickers after a bad kick-off in the State game last year. That's how intense he is.

That's why we believe him when he says he hates to lose more than any of us.

GEAUX TIGERS

3. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

My heart nearly exploaded in this game.
    I just had a mild cardiac problem in the OSU and AU games

4. medtiger

medtiger Founding Member

I really do not blame him, it cost LSU a timeout, which could have cost the touchdown before the half.

5. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Not sure if his complaint was legitimate. The refs threw a dead ball late hit penalty on the play which of course stops the clock. I think an LSU player, not knowing that there was a penalty on the play, called timeout. I have no idea what the rule is on that, but if you call a timeout, it counts, no matter if the play was stopped by penalty. I think Nick thought that we should have had our timeout back. Luckily it didn't matter as Randall threw the best pass of his career for a TD.

6. SpringTiger

SpringTiger Founding Member

I have seen this several times in the past, and I've never seen a team be forced to take the time-out. I think the rule is that the clock stops to handle the penalty, and that takes precedence over the calling of T-O. It would sure make sense. CNS seemed to also be incensed that the ref took a bit longer than he should have to stop the clock to move the chains.

7. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I loved the fact that he went off....It showed his players how badly he wanted this game. From that point on, LSU dominated in every aspect of the game.

8. I wonder what the refs were writing in their notepads after the reaming.... Note to zebra selves, we suck and we totally screwed that up, I hope that mean man over there doesnt beat us up"

9. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

OMG... he was livid, to say the least... I don't think I've ever seen him go off like that. Just that little episode may have scared the team into winning this one... :rofl:

10. tiger fan 2001

tiger fan 2001 Founding Member

He was fussing about the lack of clarity in signaling that the clock was stopping due to a 1st down being made. At least that was one part of his tiraid. :thumb: :thumb:

It was classic Saban and something I look for every game I go to. He can sure throw a fit. :thumb: