Nightmare Scenario

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Bengal B, Oct 25, 2016.

1. JP4LSU

JP4LSU Founding Member

So LF7 gave Bama some good bulletin board material?

The OPer's scenario should be a 1 SEC loss LSU team instead of 2, correct?

2. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

LSU and Auburn both have 1 SEC loss, 2 L's overall. If LSU wins out, and Auburn doesn't then LSU is SEC W Champs. If LSU and Auburn both win out, Auburn is the SEC W Champ due to the head-to-head loss at Auburn.

I think what he was talking about tho was the gump privilege and being voted into the playoffs over LSU based on their 1 loss vs. our 2 losses. Maybe I'm wrong tho, I've been known to be wrong once or twice before.

I just don't see it happening because we'd have 1 more game, the SECC, and beaten a ranked UT to be SEC Champs. And since LSU seems to have found a scoring Offense behind a stout defense, LSU is beginning to get some of that love back we saw from '05-'07 and '11.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2016
  3. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

No, the score's not false, but why does the HC try to make an argument to the public and your football team about something he's not worried about? You're literally showing the concern by bringing it up. And by the time you are through making your point about the lack of Alabama defensive dominance they also have the cliff notes. Less is more. Fact.

4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Yeah I agree, better left unsaid. Don't wanna poke the snake and that's what the media will turn it into regardless, I was just saying it isn't false. No one is indestructible.

5. ThePhenom74

ThePhenom74 Founding Member

It's certainly bulletin board material. However I love it. LSU needs to be bold, brash, and believe they could win this game. We can't go in there knowing we will lose like the last few years. Coming from anyone other than Fournette or maybe Adams I probably wouldn't like it, but they are leaders. Hopefully they and Oeaux will have the team truly believing, not just boasting.

6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

This game isn't going to come down to skill players or even QB play in my opinion. The story of the game will be can LSU's offensive line finally do its fucking job against Bama's D line and can LSU keep it's defense as fresh as possible.

Winston1 and cajunbob678 like this.
  7. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

Took the words right out of my mouth. This is always a LOS game between Bama and LSU if there ever was one. That's really why it's good not to come into this contest too high and full of expectation. Each team usually has to overcome a lot of adversity to seal the deal and it's always a 4 quarter war that includes executing the gameplan.

8. JP4LSU

JP4LSU Founding Member

I could see Alabama getting in the Playoff even without winning their conference if LSU or Auburn won out.