Nine ft statue of Nick Satan at Gumpville

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by lsuforever, Apr 18, 2011.

1. lsuforever

lsuforever Founding Member

[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=6369671"]Alabama unveils statue of head coach Nick Saban - ESPN[/ame]

2. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

1 “I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. You shall have no other gods before Me.

Ok that's taking it too far. Just a joke. It is crazy the way the gumps almost worship saban. Sort of comical in a way. It's going to crush them when he leaves for Penn state one day.

3. Lurking Tiger

Lurking Tiger Founding Member

Putting up statues of people who are still alive is always a risk. What if Saban gets caught with a dead prostitute or a live boy ? ( Obviouslly this probably won't happen, but you get my point)

If anyone in turdtown deserves a statue, it's their gymnastics coach.

Auburn is taking a big chance with Cam as well. Him winning the Heisman put the school in a tough situation. The school had already decided to honor Jackson and Sullivan. Holding out on Cam would have been an admission that they knew something we didn't.

1 person likes this.
  4. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

FWIW, they have a statue of every Alabama coach that won a NC. Stallings is still alive too, and his statue's been there for years.
    -
    The more ridiculous thing is that the first statue was nixed by Saban because he didn't like the hair. :dis:

Also, more ridiculous is AU putting up a statue of $cam Newton, a known criminal that played ONE season for them.

5. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

9 ft? Damn that thing is what 6 feet taller than Nick?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9tq0IbYWt8]YouTube - Les Miles LIVE! singing Short People[/ame]

6. NavyTiger

NavyTiger dunn dunn it all

Both are pretty ridiculous but I would have to agree with ya on Newton. I think they are doing it to cover their henies since they are doing it for their other heisman trophy winners.

7. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

8. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

He likes the hair on this one?

[​IMG]

9. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Not only the 1st statue, he nixed a bunch of them. Can't believe the huge nostril one made the cut. :rofl:

Reminds me of the time when Saban refused to appear on the Feinswog show set after his 1st appearance because he looked short and did not exude a powerful presence. The Lazy boy didn't help his image I guess. Every show after that was in the football operations center with a chair of Saban's choosing.

10. DoctorDave

DoctorDave Guest

Hump the Stone Gump.

1 person likes this.