NIT a blessing ???

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerTyler, Mar 14, 2004.

1. DRC

DRC TigerNator

If all the NIT games were on Tuesday's and Wednesday's more people would pay attention to it. I think it used to be that way but it changed a while back.

2. alaman

alaman Founding Member

One thing about Brady's supporters, they are consistent. They settle for 2nd best and are content with not being the best or they would want him run off. NIT is for losers and 2nd best. Brady is a loser and 2nd best. He needs to be fired immediately and a real coach hired to replace him. One other thing about that loser, he never takes any responsibility for anything bad like god coaches take.

3. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

NIT = Opportunity to play.

Why shouldn't the team be excited to play in a NIT game? Who the heck are we to say that they should not be excited about a NIT game?

Come on, folks. Give the kids a break.

We need more playing experience. Lloreda is gone, and we need to find a new "Go to guy."

NIT = building for next year.

:lsug: :lsup: :cool:

4. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Oh i wasn't saying i didnt want them going if they wanted to be there. I tried to make the analogy of teams with higher expectations that get much less than they had expected even 2 weeks ago will suffer a letdown. if they go and play their asses off, Im all for it. take the experience and build from it....its just the Dance is a mental boost for team's egos just to go whether we think it is or not.

5. BB

BB Founding Member

We should hold our heads up high and get out there and show the world we deserve to be #65.

6. JoeReckless

JoeReckless Founding Member

I would rather go to the big dance and get blown out in the first round than to WIN the NIT.

I know that this team fell apart after Lloreda got hurt and eventually left, but, I see promise for the future. Tons of talent. Next year's freshmen will add a lot also.

7. Jwho77

Jwho77 Founding Member

The team would really benefit for next year if they can go into Norman and win. OF course, we the fans would prefer the Big Dance, but this particular team is very young and needs any tough experience it can get. OU is more short-handed than us (no size at all), so we should be able to get a win and more tourney experience.

8. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

At this point a win against anyone in any tournament would be good for the team and give them at least a fragment of positive momentum to build on for next year. However a poor showing in a second tier tournament against poor competition could even further hurt their confidence. This team NEEDS to play well in the NIT for their own good not for Brady or the fans. At this point they need to find an identity and a few solid players that they can build around for the future. :geaux: :lsug:

9. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

totally agree, they will suffer from losing what the perceive as a worse trny vs lesser players since their goal was the NCAA. A young team with little identity in search of one....could hurt them because mentally they probably wont be prepared. Now Utah St, on the other hand will be a team feeling it has something to prove although i dont think they deserved it. played 4 teams in the top 100. they should be 25-3. play someone.