No 12....gettin a little ridiculous

Discussion in 'Sportsman's Paradise' started by jvalhenson, Oct 6, 2015.

1. jvalhenson

jvalhenson Founding Member

This makes rattler number 12(plus a few others seen but got away) killed in the yards this year. It is ridiculous this year. This one was in grandmaws flower bed.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 6, 2015
  2. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

Damn. Seems like you need to have a shotgun in your hands at all times around your place!

BTW, do you eat them?

3. jvalhenson

yea we eat em but not every time....just depends on whats goin on. I dont just kill every one I come across....if they are in the woods or crossing a road miles from houses I leave em be.....but the yards are no crawl zones for the ones with venom. I catch every king snake I can find and bring em to my place and turn em loose hoping they will eat some of the small ones. They hang around as I see them all the time too but I dont know if they are eating the bad guys.

4. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

Last summer, I watched a king snake eating a copperhead in my yard. Love having them around.

5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I've heard that rattlesnakes taste like chicken. Is that true?

6. jvalhenson

nah. they taste however you cook them which is pretty much what a chicken does. so if you cook em the same way you cook chicken then they prob do. when I do one I just pull the skin off, gut it, wrap it in bacon and grill it till the bacon is done. then pick it off the bones.