No adjustments mid-game from Chavis

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by FriedBoudinBall, Oct 23, 2010.

1. FriedBoudinBall

FriedBoudinBall Founding Member

We all know that Crowton and Miles suck, but our stellar D looked shell shocked and unprepared. There were no adjustments when Auburn did the same thing over and over ... and over.

Oh well, i did not have high hopes for the rest of the season as is. Fortunately, LSU only plays one truely mobile QB the rest of the way out.

2. armybass

armybass Founding Member

nope none, kept trying to hit him high.....noy gonna work with a stud like Cam

3. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

The only adjustment needed was to start tackling. There were more missed tackles in this game that the Tigers normally have for an entire season. The game film could be used as a teaching tool for how not to tackle.

4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

We missed too many tackles and Newton being such a stud made us have to sell out to him, which made McCaleb, Dyer, and Fannin more effective.

It is what it is, we got beat. I would have liked to have seen big Sam in there and what he could have done had he not been injured.

5. LSUpathdoc

LSUpathdoc Trust me, I'm a Doctor

It's a shame newton looked like superman and everyone else looked pedestrian on then tigerwareagleplainsmen team. But yet we couldn't put 8 in the box to stop newton running. Maybe it's just frustration talking but it seems like we should have had a better plan for this game.

6. west_tex_tiger

west_tex_tiger Founding Member

Exactly! When they are running it down our throats, why do we have 2 deep safeties the entire game up to the final 2 minutes?

I think Chavis has been great since he's been at LSU. However, today was not his best effort. He should have adjusted much earlier and brought up extra defenders near the line of scrimmage. They only hit a few passes on us all day, rushed for well over 300 yards, and we still have 2 deep safeties well into the 4th quarter. Chavis had a poor day today, IMO.

7. danthetigerfan

danthetigerfan Founding Member

Im with you Doc. I WISH LSU would have sold out and stopped Cam. (at least a few plays) To me it looked as if Chavis game plan was to contain Cam instead of turning the Defense loose on him a couple of times.
    There were 4 or 5 plays in the game that everyone watching the game knew Cam was going to keep the ball... still chavis did not sell out on Cam. I just dont understand.
    Coming into the game I thought LSU had better athletes (on Defense) that could handle Cam, while the DBs played man on man. I must have been wrong because Chavis had the defense play safe the WHOLE game.
    On a better note I believe LSU matches up better with Bama in 2 weeks (and it is at home.)

8. LSUpathdoc

LSUpathdoc Trust me, I'm a Doctor

You know the sad thing is I really think we are a better team than the tigerwareagleplainsmen. They are like florida of old w/ t-bow one player and nothing else. But we didn't have a game plan that could contain him. Which to me is kind of ridiculous. Which begs the question why keep the idiot jeffeson in if we need to move the ball? The obvious QB is Lee right now who can throw the ball but mile seems to be tied to jj and refuses to admit that he is wrong.

As far as I can see we have a solid QB we win the NC. even with a special friend like les