No coach would send your Qb on the sideline into the game with 32 seconds to go without the 2nd play

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerCliff, Oct 2, 2010.

1. houtiger

houtiger Founding Member

Arky and Auburn have both fired OC's during the season, and I agree we should fire Crowton right now and give the job to Gonzales if he's next up. It can't get any worse.

2. TigerCliff

TigerCliff Veteran Member

I agree

it will not happen like it did in Auburn just 2 years ago but it will not happen

does not fit Les but Les will find Gary a new job and I think he will make Gonzales the new OC. I think that was the deal when Gonzales came in anyway. Gary gets one more year

3. houtiger

houtiger Founding Member

When Auburn fired their OC midseason (I think his name was Franklin?) Steve Ensminger took over as interim OC. Must have been in the Tubby era.

4. bh1229

bh1229 Freshman

Coaching Rule #1

Inside the Red Zone become conservative with your offense, so that major mistakes can be avoided.

Coaching Rule #2
    Always think ahead at least 3 plays.

Changing personnel, no clock management, no play to run, etc. We pay this guy 3.5 million dollars a year?

5. bh1229

bh1229 Freshman

Inside Scoop
    The assistant coaches would not accept Tony Franklin's spread system. They had been running their own system for 10 years and were not willing to change. It was either let Tony go or all of his assistents. He had no choice.

I wanted Les MIles to fire Crowton and hire Tony Franklin. He is at Louisiana Tech now.

Its ironic but Gus Malzahn a spread guy from Arkansas, is now the OC at Auburn and they run the spread.

6. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

I guarantee "clock it" was play #2. Play #3 depends on what happened on play #1. The only way to sort that out is to clock it after play #1. JJ screwed play #2 up.

7. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

Not seeing it. I know you're using his past history such as with Malveto, but Les LIKED Mallory and Peveto. He does NOT like Crowton. I doubt Crowton lasts the season, but if he does, he won't be using Les as a reference for his next job. JMO.

8. KingEmeritus

KingEmeritus ofthePoint

Les made no mention of instructing a 2nd play during the postgame interview. If he had, JJ would have been thrown under bus like he was after the Ole Miss Debacle.

9. mach316

mach316 Founding Member

Lee came in and had to win it for Les just like we said he would for the last 2 weeks. Les got lucky and hopefully it will cost him his job. Now we will see Lee struggle against much better opponents only because he was not given the reps that he should have. LSU will begin its typical slide to mediocrity as the season wears on. Oh, I pray we dont, but nobody can tell me that we have a top 10 caliber football team that can compete for the SEC title right now.

10. Trolyce

Trolyce Founding Member

Read this today in Tennessee paper.....LSU is a top ten talent with a bottom ten football intelligence.

Seems pretty accurate.