No coach would send your Qb on the sideline into the game with 32 seconds to go without the 2nd play

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerCliff, Oct 2, 2010.

1. Krypto

Krypto Huh?

From that dilldeaux USAToday article. I completely agree SF, the QB change was pure lunacy.

2. Speedy G

Speedy G Founding Member

No, you have one more play. It was third down. Clock it and it becomes fourth down. That's why you don't get up and clock the ball with almost 25 seconds left. There was plenty of time to run two plays.

3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

yeah you are right, my bad, forgot Lee threw it out the back on 1st.

4. P&G_wheelz007

P&G_wheelz007 Football anyone?

And I think the coaches wanted to run 2 plays there: 25 seconds on the clock - a quick pass on 3rd down and a run on 4th.

Obviously, an incomplete pass would have stopped the clock. Then we could've run the 4th down play.

But the coaches didn't have the plays ready to go quickly and we squandered all of that time. JJ (IMO) wasn't given a scenario for "if you don't score" that's why he was confused..... And then the substition business.....

5. Speedy G

Speedy G Founding Member

That's exactly how I saw it. There were no receivers on the field for the third down play, which had to be a pass to stop the clock for fourth down. Either you have to run a second down play that leaves you the proper personnel to throw on third down, or you need to make substitutions immediately, so the team has time to line up and run the play to completion with time remaining for fourth down. And, at some point, you have to realize you screwed it all up, and not make things worse by making late substitutions, forcing the team to scramble to get off one final play (which looked to me like very much the wrong one).

Just another horrendous time management gaffe by these guys. Yeah, get it fixed, Les. Haven't we heard that before?