No drink specials in BR after 10:00?

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by NoLimitMD, Mar 22, 2006.

1. martin

martin Banned Forever

where have you been? thats what this whole thread is about and what i was saying i go into a rage about earlier in this thread.

2. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

zach de la rocha is bad for your health.

i meant something like the govt saying i have to buy it from "joe's beer shack" and only "joe's beer shack" during the hours of 5-7 pm on weekdays.

now that you mention it, can any of us name a happy hour taking place after 10:00PM that isn't a ladies night?

this is a local not federal issue anyway.

3. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

What difference does that make? It's OK for local governments to dictate price terms to private businesses?

This specific example of government interfering with business doesn't affect me in the least. I don't live in BR and I don't frequent bars here. That's not the point though.

4. LSUDeek

write a letter.

It is the point. I don't care, therefore I am expressing said opinion. Ain't I free to do that?

5. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

Sounds like you guys have your problems in Houston as well. Did I hear correctly that law enforcement raided bars and arrested people for public intoxication?

Imagine that, drunk people in bars.:hihi:

6. goldengirlfan

goldengirlfan simple man

The Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission has lately been placing agents in bars all over the state. They watch you consume what they consider enough to charge you with public intoxication and then bust you. TABC is getting a lot of criticism for this initiative and probably should. Some are questioning whether there is really a need for TABC and some feel this to be a headlines-grabbing ploy by TABC to get the public's attention and demonstrate how valuable they are to protection of the public.

And yep, seems pretty obvious that you might find an intoxicated person in a bar.

7. TigerWins

That's insane, but it seems to be the direction we're heading in this country.

Public officials are so much smarter than us and know what's best for all of us.:nope:

8. goldengirlfan

goldengirlfan simple man

Yep, one of TABC's stealthier moves was to put agents in a hotel bar in the Metroplex where they busted some hotel guests. Having travelled for a living most of my adult life, there have been a few times when I sat in a hotel bar and became more than legally intoxicated, simply out of boredom. I didn't bother anybody, just sat, drank my beer and people watched and maybe had a casual conversation with a stranger about the game on TV. Then, I took the elevator to my room. No harm, no foul.

I guess I'm lucky the beer po-po didn't nail me. :dis:

9. LSUDeek

i mean, technically you are in public. public intoxication is illegal. if you want to get intoxicated with no chance of arrest, buy a bottle of jack and consume it inside your safe hotel room or home.

the level of outrage and misunderstanding of the issues simply astounds me.

10. TigerWins

Depending on the individual, someone could be intoxicated with one or two drinks. You would be in favor of arresting a woman who had 2 glasses of wine at a public restaurant with her family?

Why don't you just come out and say that you want to ban public consumption of alcohol.