No drink specials in BR after 10:00?

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by NoLimitMD, Mar 22, 2006.

1. goldengirlfan

goldengirlfan simple man

I don't think I misunderstand the issues. I have over 30 years experience in the criminal justice system including considerable exposure to and practice in substance abuse education, treatment, training and counseling.

How about this scenario.....I take my bride out for her birthday dinner and I am the designated driver. She has 2-3 margaritas in the cantina before dinner. Busted. She's intoxicated in public. Don't dismiss this as an exagerated case. This is happening. Shed a tear for the bill of rights.

2. Berge

Berge Founding Member

Can bars do this after ten?

TWO for the PRICE of ONE (plus a penny)

Can bars just have a practice of just giving free drinks out to random customers after ten to produce nearly the same effect?

3. martin

martin Banned Forever

what do you mean? in GGfan's example, he hurts no one, he just quietly enjoys some drinks at a bar. sure, he is getting intoxicated, but we are arguing that there are times when public intoxication is not too bad and doesnt need to be enforced. we are arguing that the law isnt working correctly when people are getting arrested for not hurting anything.

we are aware that if we want zero chance of arrest we can drink at home. thats beside the point. the question is about whether the government is going too far if they are sitting around watching people get drunk and arresting them. because is it really so harmful for a person to be intoxicated in public if they are not causing anyone any trouble or driving or fighting or whatever?

4. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

i don't want to ban anything. i encourage common-sense approaches to the legal system. if public drunkenness is outlawed and heavily enforced, and you must have a drink, buy it a home. do what you need to do. the stuff costs double or triple in bars anyway.

i don't see a need in getting all up in arms about it cause i don't favor (there's a difference between not favoring something and wanting to ban it) becoming intoxicated in public. have a beer or a margarita and go on your way.

if we are all this angry about we need to be writing letters to our representatives.

5. martin

martin Banned Forever

again, what exactly did we "misunderstand" about the issue?

we understand exactly what is happening, we just dont like it. like i said, we are fully aware of the fact that we can drink at home. you dont need to repeat that for us again.

we are saying we think the laws are sometimes overly enforced. we dont misunderstand anything.

6. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

Yeah, that always works.

7. TigerNtz

TigerNtz Ridley

:lol: lol :lol:

8. TigerNtz

TigerNtz Ridley

But the drink specials make drinking at the bar reasonable!! If you take them away, it is hard to go to the bar 3 or 4 nights a week on any budget, much less a colledge student budget.

9. martin

martin Banned Forever

5-7 pm? what about lunch? maybe around 1 and also 5-7. 1, 5-7.

another thing i dont like is when they close bars at 2. the fun stops around 1:57.

10. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

:rofl:

so it was only a matter of time eh? i wonder if you figured it out yourself or if the esteemed tirk or crawfish dropped it on ya.