NO FULL-SCALE FALLUJAH OFFENSIVE

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by dallastigers, Apr 25, 2004.

1. dallastigers

dallastigers Founding Member

If this turns out to be true I think this is a mistake by Bush. It does not appear to be what the Marines really wanted. We are making to many political decisions with this city.

http://www.drudgereport.com/

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,118054,00.html

2. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

i think we already have made to many mistakes in Iraq now unfortunatly and I agree with you also that this is a mistake.
    We give them all the opportunity in the world to surrender and give up weapons and they don't do it, they give up only a few rusty, no good weapons like to out smart us.

In the meantime they have reinforced their side and terrorists still are coming in from
    the borders to fight the allies in Iraq.
    We are showing a sign of weakness in backing down IMO, the resolve is slipping.

We should've planned and prepared and fixed these problems months ago IMO.

3. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

I've got two words for Fallujah: DAISY CUTTERS

Unfortunately it ain't gonna happen. The politicos learned NOTHING from the lessons of Vietnam. They still think we can win a war while tying
    the military's hands behind their back.

4. dallastigers

dallastigers Founding Member

5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Fallujah and Najaf remain in the hands of the insurgents. I could support sending enough troops to go in, block-by-block, eliminate any armed resistance and get the job ended quickly. I could also see just ringing them in, letting nothing in or out, and let them stew in their own juices until they give up the insurgents. Either way, the Marines would be fighting on their own terms.

But the worst thing we could do is just what they are saying this morning. The Marines are going to patrol Fallujah with Iraqi collaborators in Humvees, indefinitely. More pointless casualties from ambushes and roadside bombs which do little to return the cities to government control and do nothing to eliminate the insurgents.