No lottery pick. No win.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by MikebTiger, Jan 29, 2007.

1. MikebTiger

MikebTiger Founding Member

Pretty much true for every team that has more than a prayer in college basketball these days. LSU does not have a player with lottery pick potential on its roster, so LSU is not a winning team (at least not in conference).

I watched Wisconsin this weekend beat Iowa and thought - damn - that's what it looks like when you run an offense. Especially when you are struggling shooting the ball - run an offense that will create backdoor cuts and better looks at the basket. I look at LSU and I rarely see them run actual plays.

When you don't have a consensus lottery pick on your roster, you need to adjust your game to compensate. Brady knows how to do this - hell that's all they did at Stamford when he coached there. At least a touch of that kind of offense to get us back in a groove would be nice.

2. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I have a hard time watching LSU basketball. Basically due to what you said in that middle paragraph.

3. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

You don't like running down the shot clock and then shoot an 18 ft. jumper on every possession? :D

And if you like watching Wisconsin's offense, that means ours is at the point of no return.:shock:

4. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

did any of you watch yesterday's game?

theyre nowhere near wisconsin on O, but lsu ran plays on most possessions and there were few heaves made at the end of shot clock

5. TigerKid05

TigerKid05 Say Whaa!?!?

Maybe we'll do better now that we are not ranked. That worked out last year for us.

6. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I don't disagree with any of that, but our offense was supposed to center on getting the ball to Baby who would then shoot or dish. Now, teams are doubling and tripling him and the "dishee" is not putting the ball in the hoop. When we were up early, we had at least 10 opportunities to stretch the lead and couldn't because we were missing easy shots. The defense was keeping Georgia down. The problem right now is not for lack of getting open shots. It's the lack of made open shots.

7. Jeffinbama

Jeffinbama Founding Member

bingo... plus if you look at the box score and see that davis had 6 assists in the game shows how they are collapsing on him. Most teams will zone us because not one person can guard Davis. It is as simple as moving the ball around and stretching out the other 3 guys to find a shot. We are not a good ball handling team that puts pressure on us getting open shots. It also seems after seeing us in person we get alot of off balance shots. This comes from alot of cutting to get to open spots.

Lastly, Glenn gave a good dump down pass (high post to low post) to Lazarre in the last game for an easy basket. In my opinion, Lazarre has been slowed by the high ankle sprain much like addai had in football the last year while he was at LSU. Lazarre is only a shadow of the man that dominated Duke last year at the end of the 1st half. Our offense is geared as a high post low post set. The lack of a 4 player not getting in position to make shots, hurts this team greatly.