No LSU Spring Football Game?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerEducated, Feb 5, 2005.

1. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

I have heard a few people talk about this thing, and then heard Ott after the Bash talking about it...

Are you telling me they can't move it to the Dome, or to Memorial, or to SOMEWHERE? That's BS...The Spring Game is as much for the fans as it is for the players, and to call it off and just schedule a live scrimmage-closed door to the public?-is ludicrous...

Bad decision by the LSU AD...But, then again, what PR move have they made in the last few years that has been positive? Hiking prices for Saving fricking Oak Trees that already have a horticulture and an entire campus-wise campaign designed to save them, as well as an endowment fund for them, as well as a facility services crew that has dedicated state employees to look after them...Making LSU fans pay for their upkeep in exchange for walking on or over them for 7 Saturdays a year...

Or the newspaper ads imploring better behavior, or Bertman getting on natioanl television to bring it up and talk about how we need to act better?

Or him floating the idea that we need to piggyback men's and women's hoops season tickets together?

Or him freezing out all the RV lot owners saying that the lot would be used for the "Tiger Tram" system, and have his shills like Hanagriff, Rantz and Rush all pimp for it, only to have it magically be discontinued within one year, only to reopen the lot to the highest bidders, having displaced RV owners who had spaces their for DECADES...Remembering that a select few with ties to Associate AD's got to keep their spots so that their ceiling fans could again be attached to Oak Trees...

Just another small mistake...

2. TigerEducated

What am I trying to change? Other than showing people the AD makes mistakes...you are the human personification of the wet blanket, and I find it hilarious that you troll from thread to thread in an effort not to discuss topics or disagree, but merely to try to p!ss me off, which is impossible to do via some internet message board...

Ramah is the only one who can claim that dubious distinction, but I wouldn't follow in his footsteps...He's no longer with us on TF, and I don't think you'd last long either if you IM'd me death threats via diabetic shock...

3. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

What's the over/under on how many times this gets brought up in 2005? I'm putting it at 24 and I'll take the over.:thumb:

4. Jeffinbama

Jeffinbama Founding Member

I would be interested to see if it is an NCAA rule prohibiting teams from playing a spring game off campus. Anyone know?

5. TigerEducated

There are more than a few college teams that play all their games off campus, right? I mean, the Orange Bowl is Miami's home stadium, and it's not owned by the University, I think...

6. TigerEducated

As many times as I choose to...Is there a personal problem you have with it? Should you answer affirmatively, I suggest the proper place to continue the discussion would be via Private Message...Though I can surely and have in the past obliged here as well on the Den...

7. TigerEducated

FightinTIGER, I point out POSITIVE aspects that if people know more about, perhaps will change the culture surrounding LSU. I don't post conspiracy theories about coaches who were plotting a draft board for the '05 NFL draft during the '00 preseason quarterback derby, as you were after the Saban departure.

I point out the mistakes our AD has made and the backhanded dealings in an effort to try to shine a light on them...not cry over spilled milk like you constantly do. Your constant harping and negativity directed towards PLAYERS specifically is also something I harped on, and rightfully so. It's something I'll never do, even the LSU Basketball team.

Again, I freely admit beyond all this to being a hypocrite...What am I not wanting to eat? Beyond eevn that...Are you that personally obsessed with me that you are "going to make me eat" it? What is your true reason for this site, other than to obsess about anyone who disagrees with you and makes you look like the neurotic individual you come off like?

Here's the difference between you and I.

You point out problems I have no problem admitting to (ie-my tendency as a human being to be a hypocrite or to contradict, or in general to be fallible)...

Your main goal on this site it seems is to take every opportunity you can to try to denigrate people or further your own conspiracy theories that serve no purpose, and to try to disparage or belittle anyone that happens to disagree in a similiar vociferous manner such as yours...

8. amedee83

amedee83 Founding Member

The latest is the Spring game is getting a hard look and right now is back on. The location hasn't been decided but expect a game to take place sometime in March possibly. Things are starting to move in the direction of definitely having one...

9. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

I'm not sure what the big deal is with not having a spring game. We only had 10,000 fans show up last year, and that's after winning a MNC. Only 8,000 showed up the year before that. We did manage a huge crowd of 28,000 in 2002.

Why should LSU go rent another stadium if only 10,000 or so fans are going to show up? Many would stay away from Memorial because of its location and not enough parking to tailgate, and it's the only viable alternative in Baton Rouge. The Dome? I can't believe anyone would be stupid enough to suggest renting out a 70,000 seat facility.

Me thinks this just gives a handful of fans another reason to bitch...

10. Ralph_Wiggum

Ralph_Wiggum Founding Member

Some coaches don't like the spring game. Don't know how miles feels, but some coaches would rather have a more controlled atmosphere without the crowds and media coverage for what is a controlled scrimmage.

Never been too excited about spring games, you're really not seeing a game.