No more Greek tailgates at Parade Ground, houses for remainder of 2018 football season

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUTiga, Oct 3, 2018.

1. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

If they didn’t they’d drive off a cliff. :D

2. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

I don’t drive anywhere without my pistol in the car. I don’t be drivin’ nekid.

gynojunkie, LSU_4_LIFE and TheRealist like this.
  3. LSUTiga

Neither me but not sure if I’m going to renew my conceal carry permit and it’s time. In 5 years I may have carried it 5 times.

GregLSU likes this.
  4. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

Absolutely it is.

I work in a Level 1 Trauma ER. Do have any clue how many dumbass people off themselves, or try to at least, over a member of the opposite sex?

We get numerous a week.

5. TheRealist

TheRealist GEAUX TIGERS

Yeah, it isn't even really close. I think the gun crime stats are around 12k deaths per year.

Suicide is about the 10th leading cause of death in the US. There seems to be a lot of outcry about gun violence but not as much about getting help for those that are suicidal.

We have a major mental health problem in this country. Not nearly as bad of a gun control problem.

gynojunkie, Winston1 and GregLSU like this.
  6. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

I rarely carry it on my person, but always have it in my car. And while Louisiana says your car is an extension of your home, other states may not.
    I suggest you renew just for the fact that you may take a trip out of state and want some piece of mind in the car with you. Also, if your prior service; with a DD214 you CCW is free for a lifetime permit.

LSUTiga likes this.
  7. LSUTiga

What tempts me the most about renewing is instant gun purchases. No background check if you have a permit but that passed after I obtained mine and I wasn’t grandfathered in. I always get cleared but always have to wait 3 days. Had a State Trooper friend run my stuff and he wasn’t sure why. I was told to file with ATF to find out why holdup but never did cause always get approved, by default,

GregLSU likes this.
  8. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

A CCW is a valuable permit to own. It allows several benefits.

gynojunkie likes this.
  9. TheRealist

TheRealist GEAUX TIGERS

You guys are lucky, I live in Hawaii right now and you can't even get a permit here. Its in the process of working its way through the courts right now and has been found to violate the 2A but it will likely go all the way to the SC. Hawaii is a may issue state, meaning you can meet all the requirements but the sheriff can "decide" not to issue you one. This effectively means nobody gets one unless you are a good ole boy. Only 3 or 4 have been issued in the last decade.

LSUTiga likes this.
  10. LSUTiga

One thing always concerned me though- getting pulled over by the wrong cop- and for the record, I’m a white boy.

GregLSU likes this.