No more JP Sports!!!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUDork, Aug 11, 2006.

1. LSUDork

LSUDork LSU Drumline '00-'04

Ask and ye shall receive...Good riddance to the worst SEC TV telecast in the history of sportscasting.

http://www.sportsline.com/spin/story/9589959

Try not to fall out of your chair laughing at this. No more games against Miss. St at 11:30 am. No more Ole Miss -Memphis games...We may never see a Kentucky-Vandy game again.

Now we just need to get CBS to stop taking away marquee night games and we'll be set.

2. LSUalum24

LSUalum24 Founding Member

The 11:30 games still exist. Lincoln Financial is picking it up. At least we won't be subject to production values rivaling a High School A/V Club meeting. And no more of the trio of Daves.

3. LSUDork

Yeah but will Lincoln Financial still be doing SEC games? I think of the northeast when I think of Lincoln Financial.

4. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

Jefferson Pilot was bought out by Lincoln Financial. Not sure this really changes anything, as we will still have 11:30 games.

Seems like the only change will be the name of the broadcast.

5. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

6. blindside517

blindside517 Founding Member

yeah they will still be doing sec games...they sponsor that show saturdays in the south...which is updates on teams in the sec and acc just like jp sports was.

7. LSUDork

Ok so maybe I misread it...I guess my total elation of never having to hear the 3 Daves and their cheesy-ass music blinded me. I hope LFS does a better job of airing those MSU games. You know how we love watching those before we play!!!

8. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

He should stop holding back and just tell us his true feelings about JP.:hihi:

9. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

I was listening to Tim Brando on Sporting News Radio driving home yesterday afternoon and he discussed this subject with a caller. Tim said the only obvious change is the name change. The announcers and production staff remain the same.

10. LsuCraig

LsuCraig Founding Member

Quite frankly, aside from production values and announcers, I love the 11:30 SEC game.....when LSU isn't in it. The SEC broadcasts at 11:30 am is a staple of my childhood and while Miss.St. and Vandy may not be the best matchup, I'd rather watch that than Michigan St. and Indiana at 11:30 am on ESPN II.