No More Welcome To Death Valley sign? WTF???

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Geaux5000, Feb 3, 2005.

1. Carface

Carface What the...?

2. tiger fan 2001

tiger fan 2001 Founding Member

I probably did not do it right so no pic from me. But I think it would be cool to have it on the West side entry. Those two walls look like they are screaming "Welcome to Death Valley". Of course I go in on the east side but I do get to the west side from time to time.

3. tiger fan 2001

tiger fan 2001 Founding Member

I agree. IF it's currently on the scoreboard it get lost in everything else. Hopefully something wil come up to preserve this.

4. Crip*TEAM KATT

Crip*TEAM KATT As Wild As We Wanna Be

I have to say after looking at that for the first time, I understand the reason for progress and changing, BUT and this is a HUGE BUT, that new design doesn't have that Colissume (sp) effect. I mean that was a big thing the effect that bone cilling effect you got from just gazing at the stadium as you walked up. It was like you were going to watch the Tigers eat the christians. It will be sorely missed.

5. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

"The company is holding onto some select pieces of the stadium at their compound in Kenner, said Jay Schwall, the company president."

Anybody up for alittle late night recon. I've infiltrated a few compounds in my day. I just might be up for one more. :yelwink2:

6. TigerKid05

TigerKid05 Say Whaa!?!?

Put the sign on the north scoreboard, so the opposing teams sees it when they come on and it will be by the students.

7. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

rumor has it there will be a new sign but it will read, "Welcome to Sabanville, bitches".

8. Crip*TEAM KATT

If i wasn't stationed all the way at Ft Hood I would be there with bells and NVG's on.

9. Methuselah

Methuselah Freshman

What's the deal with the new set up? Are they are putting in club seating/boxes? They are trying to raise money I guess?

I know its probably necessary necessary to raise money to update the facilities such as the academic center to keep competitive. I just hope things never get so elite that they price the average coon ass from the bayou out of it.

That's what always made Tiger Stadium magic in my opinion. They everyday guys from Donaldsonville or New Iberia in flanel shirts or purple and gold t-shirts yelling for Jarvis Green or Alley Broussard.

10. Crip*TEAM KATT

Or chanting " Eddie eddie eddie eddie"