No Post Season

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by USChater, May 29, 2006.

1. Beaux-Bo

Beaux-Bo Founding Member

I am ****in sick. no regional. time for a change. Skip where are you?

2. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

FWIW, the head of the selection committee has no vote for his own school. Same in Basketball, etc.

I'm not surprised MSU made it in. If you look at their pitching staff combined with the fact they did make the #1 ranking at one point this year the committee realizes they have talent there and could make a run in the regionals.

I'm a bit surprised at this thread considering the amount of comments made earlier on in the season about the youth of the program.

3. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

It don't care if MSU was crowned King of Baseball at one point in the season, they went down hill and finished up 9th in the SEC. I don't think I have ever seen a team drop in the polls like they did. If #1 and great pitching were more important than those losses, their fans wouldn't have gotten vertigo from watching them fall so fast! I have said before, even when I thought it was LSU that would finish up 9th, that I don't care how good a conference is perceived to be, a team that can't make their conference tourney has no place in the Regionals. And I would have continued to say that had LSU not gone to the SECT.

The fact is, IMO, Moo U would not have been in had their AD not been the head of the selection committee. No, he can't vote on matters regarding his school, but I don't for a minute believe that there wasn't a "wink wink" sort of deal there. And to show you how many people believe that, most Tulane fans feel the same way. Many believed that LSU would not get in before the selection, but they think that LSU was screwed that the Moo got in and LSU didn't. TULANE fans! Think about that! To say there is no love lost between Tulane and LSU is a major understatement!!

And yes, I was one of the ones that talked about the youth on the team early in the season (and pre-season). I also mentioned that the team HAD to stay healthy. (Blown arms is not staying healthy and hurt a lot!) I also said that from what I could see, Tulane and LSU were very similar in the make up of their ball clubs this year with the loss of upper classmen and the number of true freshmen on the team, and in starting positions. I was actually looking forward to the next few years because it was my belief that the two teams would mature at the same rate and continue to provide close, well played games and keep the rivalry fun and exciting. Tulane played a fairly tough OOC schedule and struggled early on. But they found their groove and played very well down the stretch. LSU just didn't seem to find that groove and continued to struggle. So yes, I was disappointed, and I was somewhat surprised because I really thought the teams would finish close to each other and that they would be playing each other in a regional. (I practically had my bags packed for a trip to Nola and Zephyr field!)

Now I don't remember where I was going with this rant. Oh well!:redface:

4. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

i keep telling yall to drink up. sheesh.

5. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

Your own coach thinks the MSU AD had something to do with it. From The Advocate:

6. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

in spite of smoke, its unfair to the kids on the team. they should have been invited over the patch but were screwed because of their AD. A blind person can see that.

terry, save yourself for your usual bama matters and try to reply only on those you're more informed about or less biased.

7. upsizin

upsizin Founding Member

do you realize we went from the cws every year to not being one of the best 64 teams in the country? are you serious? surprised?