No shortage of solid programs will be knocking on Shawnson's door tomorrow morning.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Mr. Wonderful, Dec 3, 2002.

1. Mr. Wonderful

Mr. Wonderful Founding Member

I really feel for this young man. He was treated terribly by Brady and the players know it. But you can bet their will be no shortage of suitors for this 6-9 inside force who held his own and sometimes outplayed Stromile Swift in high school and was a JUCO All-American. I could see him fitting into a program like Louisville, North Carolina or UCLA for his senior season. Rest assured, this stupid move by Brady will not hold this young man back. Shawnson will be playing major college basketball next year, John Brady won't be coaching it however.

2. DeafValleyBatnR

DeafValleyBatnR Founding Member

Maybe

SJ can go to Orlando and be on the Mickey Mouse Club they will stroke him tell him how good he is and I bet he will Start as soon as he get there.

I just remembered the Mickey Mouse Club Quit too..

3. Hub

Hub Founding Member

Yeah Boy

I bet the big time programs are salivating for a guy who helped lead his juco team to 14-17 and 18-13 records in his 2 year career and wasn't even the star of his team.....some guy named Okafor was and he signed with Houston.......Ooooh a powerhouse!

The guy was a nobody in JUCO and i would question more why Brady would bring him in as opposed to the kid quitting.

He is listed one time in the schools record books......pay attention to that the SCHOOL not the JUCO records books.....he's 4th all time with 6 rebounds per game.....that is an AWESOME accomplishment....6 a game i think point guards can do that.

See for your self. http://www.lee.edu/athletics/basketball/

Get a grip and lay off Brady. This is a classic case of guy who thinks he is a superstar and gets his feelings hurt when he isn't the "Stud". The best thing has happened and he is gone.

4. roygu

roygu Founding Member

Tongue in cheek

Don't let satire prod you into saying something until this is all settled. Non of us know the inside story or how it will play out.

5. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

I agree roygu, there is a chance that Shawnson could be talking to Brady right now saying he overreacted and wants to be back on the team. But it sure is fun speculating.

6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Think there's any chance of Brady giving him a release? Little and none, I'd guess. If so, Johnson won't be playing in the NCAA anytime soon. Burning his bridges wasn't a smart move for a player who's not ready for the NBA yet.

Still, where have I seen this scenario played out before? Dale Brown, Lester Earl . . .

Maybe Brady should just give him the release.

To anybody except Kansas.

7. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

If Brady doesn't give Shawnson his release, wouldn't that finish his college career? He's already lost his junior year and doesn't transferring without a release also cost a year of eligibility? Not totally sure about that rule. :confused:

8. DeafValleyBatnR

DeafValleyBatnR Founding Member

Brady will give Release

If Brady does not give his release then every school in the nation will use that against him in recruiting. They will say look this guy kicks kids off the team and then does not release them to play somewhere else.

9. roygu

roygu Founding Member

I think Brady should give Johnson his release. However, it appears that Johnson quit, he was not kicked off the team.

10. LSUMJ

LSUMJ Founding Member

how is it stupid mr wonderful

the hair rule was not a brady rule, the players voted on that
    johnson deserted his team because he was selfish. he left the arena at halftime, and you want him back? screw him