No Smack, Just Football

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Chipeace, Nov 20, 2003.

1. Chipeace

Chipeace Country Roads Tiger

LSU will win for a variety of reasons.

1) They have the better players.
    2) They play very well on the road.
    3) They are focussed. No upsets here, like the Florida game. It's too late in the season to not be prepared. And trust me, they are not overlooking Ole Miss for Arkansas.
    4) The coaching staff prepares well.
    5) The coaching staff makes good half-time adjustments.
    6) The coaching staff makes good on the field adjustments.
    7) Ole Miss has not played anybody. I like saying that about someone else for a change. Florida was not the same team when they played Ole Miss. Just like we were not up for the Florida game.
    8) LSU is the better TEAM. Although Ole Miss is good. LSU is better.
    9) Due to injuries to our top 2 running backs from the seasons' beginning, we have a flock of stud running backs to go along with a stud offense.
    10) Early projections of a weak defensive back field & "just average" linebackers were false.
    11) Mauck, Mauck, Mauck.
    12) Lavalais, Lavalais, Lavalais,
    13) Insert the name (in triplicate) of any of our receivers or linemen(Offense or Defense)

2. TejasTiger

TejasTiger Founding Member

It's hard, really, to come up with a way that they stop us on offense. I saw one game analysis that seriously talked about Ole Miss needing to put 8 men in the box, effectively leaving our top 3 receivers in single coverage against a secondary that gave up over 298 yds passing in 3 games already this season.

If they jam the middle to stop the run, I can see a bunch of slip and bubble screens, which we use very effectively, to make them pay for playing off of our receivers.

Come up to jam our WRs, epspecially Clayton, and we take a shot downfield.

Really, honestly, what do they do?