No Spring Game?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by red55, Jan 27, 2005.

1. Carface

Carface What the...?

What about Mumford stadium? That would fill to capacity if LSU showed up :hihi:

2. MCab

MCab Founding Member

LOL! Sounds like some documentary. For those too lazy to hit the link, it's in Zoology ('99) (now, it's biology).

Peace,

MCab

3. MikeDTiger

MikeDTiger Geaux Tigers!!!

From January 16th: http://www.2theadvocate.com/stories/011605/spo_lsufoot001.shtml

Spring plans TBA:
    Miles said planned replacement of the turf in Tiger Stadium may prevent the Tigers from having a typical LSU-like spring game.

"I don't know exactly at what point the stadium renovation will be at and whether it will prohibit us from getting in there to some extent," Miles said. "We'll still get it all done, but maybe not have the same festive spring game atmosphere that we've had in the past."

Miles said he favors an extended situational scrimmage-type spring game, "reflecting all the situations of the game. It's a very good teaching tool."

No dates have yet been set for spring practice. But with spring break and Easter (March 27) falling so early this year, spring practice is expected to take up most of April.

http://www.secsports.com/index.php?well_id=2&url_publish_channel_id=5116 says our practice dates run from [font=VERDANA,ARIAL]March 11[/font] to [font=VERDANA,ARIAL]April 16. I'm guessing that is correct, but haven't seen it anywhere else.[/font]

4. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

Frogive me, but isn't Memorial Stadium, Southern's stadium? (I've never really paid much attention to their stadium's name) If so, that would be a nice compromise. I mean, I know the Spring game is usually well attended, but it's not like any Spring game has drawn 90,000+....So I think playing at Southern for the Spring game would be a great idea.

5. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

No that's not Southerns field its name is mumford or something like that. Memorial Stadium is off Scenic Hwy near Fuqua next to the interstate. If you ever go to Memorial I suggest you carry nothing smaller than an AK-47 for protection it is right square in the middle of crack head central.

6. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

Two different stadiums. Memorial is owned and run by BREC and just off the interstate by the governor's mansion. Mumford Stadium is on Southern's campus.

I think Memorial holds around 10,000, while Mumford is around 25-30,000.

7. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

8. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

Yikes!

Yo, Skip! Contact Southern!!!

9. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Close... kinda... :grin:

Link

10. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

Southern is in the Scotlandville area ... not any safer over there!