No Spring Game?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by red55, Jan 27, 2005.

1. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

I never would have guessed 20,000+ for Memorial. And it's not like I've haven't been there a million times! :redface:

2. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

There is only one responsible thing LSU can do to make up for the Spring Game.

Open up the P-Mac to students, alumni, and family only. Play the DVD of the 2003 Sugar Bowl over and over, and provide free beer. That's the only equitable thing to do, really.

3. TejasTiger

TejasTiger Founding Member

That all sounds well and good right now, in January, but lose to Arizona St. literally right out of the gate and you'll have thousands of LSU fans conducting, "an extended situational" discussion about Les and his decision-making abilities...LOL.

4. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

If LSU were to lose the first game out of the blocks you would have a very hard time pinning that loss solely on the lack of a spring game.

5. TSdude

TSdude Founding Member

What's sad is that IMO Memorial Stadium could be a really decent stadium, especially for high school football. But it's been neglected for so long that it really sucks now. I was there in the press box calling a game in 2002 and it was really bad. I thought Lee Hedges Stadium (formerly Caddo Parish) was bad, but Memorial takes the cake. The lighting is horrible, the field was in bad shape, press box is awful and the genuine asthetics of the place had the feel of a dungeon.
    BREC would have to spend a ton of money to renovate the place, but I've always thought it had a lot of potential to be a really neat place to play.

6. CParso

CParso Founding Member

I wonder if Miles realizes exactly how much LSU fans enjoy our football...

Last year, my first spring game, there were guys body painted in purple & gold. And even though it felt dam near 100 degrees - near 20,000 fans went to the game during the middle of the day.

He might feel some pressure from the fans after this announcement. I wouldn't be suprised if he does something like an open practice to compensate.

7. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

This is something my family and I look forward to every year. I would hate not to have one this year. It doesn't sound like anything is writen in stone at this point, there may still be a game yet. If we can't this year, so be it, but let's not make a habit out of it.

8. Veritas

Veritas Founding Member

This is very disappointing. I was looking forward to seeing a preview of the offense.

9. wingman

wingman Founding Member

Looks like a three-hour super scrimmage is all they will put out in Spring. I was disappointed at first, but the secrecy of the whole deal is rather intriguing, same as with the hiring of a DC. LSU doesn't make a ton on this game anyway. No one will have an idea of what to expect from LSU in 2005, especially if the first few easy games are played very conservatively. I'm hoping LSU will really open up their passing attack in 05' and catch some SEC teams flat footed. :geauxtigs

10. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Don't the proceeds of the spring game go to the band or something and really help them out? Would be a shame not to be able to support two great groups at the same time - football team and the golden band from tiger land. Just asking, I may be mistaken here.