No Spring Game?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by red55, Jan 27, 2005.

1. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

Now that you mention it, I think you're right on this! That's the way it was in years past. I wanna say that the proceeds were used for instrument repair, but I could be off.That could be a big chunk of change for the Golden Band to try to make up.

2. marcnbc

marcnbc Founding Member

It is written in stone & there will not a a spring game this year. They will have a situational scrimmage on April 16th at the practice facilities.

3. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

I remember my friend and roommate during college who was a trumpet player in the LSU band telling me about how much the spring game proceeds helped the band out. Did not know if it was indeed the case or not or if it is even still done.. Just not very nice to snub the band in such a way, Much less not very nice to snub the fans. :D

Play the game Les!

By the way, I have still seen no official announcement on this issue.

4. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Perhaps I stand corrected. Where is the article/link/etc about this? (checking lsusports.net after submitting this heh)

5. MarineTiger

MarineTiger Founding Member

I really don't care if Miles has it or not. As long as the team is fully prepared for the regular season games, I am happy.

Saban could have had every player run around campus in thongs if it meant being prepared for the games come Saturday.

Whatever works