No Va. Tech game next year

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by SoLa in NoIll, Oct 13, 2003.

1. SoLa in NoIll

SoLa in NoIll Founding Member

2. Marsheezi

Marsheezi Founding Member

(shaking fist angrily)
    OMG THAT IS SO MUCH BS......they are some scared pieces of ....nevermind....they know we would put it on em in tiger stadium....

actually its even better this way....B/c by then jamarcus will be dominating and will make them look even worse.....

and as far as the BCA classic game bs.....Frank Beamer is white!!!!

they cant run forever

3. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

Whats Mumme's numbe?, bring on the Lions.

4. DeathValley

DeathValley Founding Member

Seriously why do teams keep backing out on us. Marshall, Bowling Green ect. Well VT did not in a sense back out on us but come on. Are teams scared to play us. I mean now our best non conference game next season is the University of Houston. At this stage it is probably too late to find a 1A opponent. If so it will be someone pasty team. Don't be supprised if Skip calls on a Louisiana team to step in ie. ULL. If no 1A team can be found this will be the 3rd year in a row we play a 1AA team.

5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I think the $250,000 buyout clause is too low. Its a cheap price to pay if one finds a better scheduling deal at the expense of the contract partner. LSU needs to raise the penalties significantly if they drop out less than a year before the game. If it cost them $1 million in penalties, it would stop this nonsense.

It really is a chickenshit deal to take your home game and then back out of the promised return engagement. I never knew what a Hokie was anyway. I will in the future only refer to them as the Virginia Tech Chickenshits.

6. LSUstudent

LSUstudent Founding Member

7. Spade

Spade Freshman

whats up

As a Virginia Tech fan we all think this is really gay. Our AD is a moron and he will probably get lambasted on tonight's call in show.

No one wants to see Western Carolina get trashed at Lane. We much rather play you guys. I just wish those in charge thought so too.

We've always had a reputation for playing cupcakes and this will hurt it even more.

See y'all in 2007 and sincere apologies on behalf of all of us.

8. DeathValley

DeathValley Founding Member

I went over to the VT message boards and they are acting like we have some blame in this. They are saying "well our AD(Skip) did not put up much of a fight on the issue."

Like Skip could have done anything to prevent VT from backing out. What was he to do in this case, keep demanding the game be played until VT gave in. The only way I see that the game would have gone on is if LSU gave VT lots of money to play the game, but that would never happen.

9. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Founding Member

Well now the discussion shifts. Who can we get to play here for the first week of 2004?

I hope not a 1-AA. But it is highly unlikely we will find a 1-A opponent willing to come here at this late stage.

10. lsu nut

lsu nut Founding Member

Can we get Arizona to move their 2006 game; we can't play another Division 1-AA team---Troy State(arent they AA?) is already on our schedule next year.