No Va. Tech game next year

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by SoLa in NoIll, Oct 13, 2003.

1. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

Troy State is 1A cause this year is their first year in the Sunbelt, not much of a D1 conference but yet it is D1.

2. LSUtiger4U

LSUtiger4U Founding Member

And we are going to only be able to play 11 games! That sucks! Why did the NCAA change the 12 game schedule?

3. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

I dont think Va Tech is scared. Lets be honest Va Tech is one solid ass team and with Vick they will be better next year. What I think is they want a Patsy team. Coming to Death Valley is a bit different then playing Arkansas State...

It appears the Va tech fans are as bittter as we are. So lets not chuck them under this bus either....

Fact is ACC is brutal now, they want some easy games before taking on Miami, Florida State, Ga Tech etc etc.

Sorry ??? Probably.. But I think the Fans wanted this as much as we did. I think the AD is a sissy since his job is winning... And playing LSU reduces the odds of that.

Anyway, I guess the boses the question.. Now who do we play.

By the way have you seen our schedule next year...
    At UF
    At UGA
    At Auburn.

Good night not playing Va Tech may be a blessing guys our schedule is brutal next year, and with Russell/Flynn being rookies (Assuming Mauck starts his teeth school)

Personally this really really sucks. Its a bummer as a season ticket holder I have to sit through another ULM, Western Illinois game... We pay big bucks to watch LSU play. Not LSU's fault, but everyone seems to punk out at the last minute.

Skip Must do something about this... 2 million buyout...

Geaux Tigers

4. Russell Durham

Russell Durham Founding Member

I agree with texastigers the schedule next year is brutal. Maybe Skip can call Tulane or Texas A&M. If Mauck does leave like we are being led to believe then going to Gainesville,Athens and the loveliest little village on the plains is going to be interesting.

5. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

No A&M.. THat is one miserable fan base... I would distance from that as much as possible...

6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I would have never agreed to play them in 2007. It would be either play next year in Tiger Stadium as scheduled or never play us again. And if I were Skip I would lobby the SEC to band together to create a blacklist of any team that backed out of a contract with any SEC team to never be allowed to schedule any SEC team EVER.

7. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

This is soo ironic!!!

I was thinking at work about playing Virginia Tech game 1 next
    season, I thought we were suppose to play them game 1 this
    season but I must've got this seasons schedule and next mixed
    up along with us playing Marshall.

Then I was trying to figure out how we had such a cupcake non
    conference season, I don't like a nonconference schedule like this
    year.
    If we ran the tables in the sec and was undefeated would it be
    possible to play for the championship with such a cupcake
    schedule?

Florida usually plays Miami and Fla State for instance.

8. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

Opps, forgot,

I hope we can find someone like Fla state or someone in the
    top 25, I would like a little tougher non conference schedule.

Look at Fresno State, their non conference schedule had to be
    the toughest in the country!!!

9. CalcoTiger

CalcoTiger Live Long and Prosper IVI

Bottom Line is this is Va. Tech in self preservation mode. They are actually going to have to play some teams now. They have always had a cakewalk like Nebraska used too. Look at Nebraska now that they dont have only 2 tough games all year.

That is what is going to happen to Va. Tech and that is why they are backing out. Their AD knows he is about to start having to play someone who can beat him week in and out and he knows they are heading for a bunch of mediocre seasons.

Va. Tech would be the Ole Miss or Vandy of the SEC and they know it. They are always overrated.

Thats my take anyway.

10. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

LSU should never play Vagina Tech again in any sport.

They've broken two deals we had with them. Last year, they scheduled a game before the LSU game after we agreed that the LSU/ Vagina Tech game would be the first game we both played.

Now they back out of our home game next year. I would never deal with such a dishonest broker again.

If Vagina Tech had a merchant marine fleet, I would raid a few of their vessels just for payback. I would beach their ships and crews on Dauphin Island after claiming their cargo. I'd paint the Vagina Tech ships PURPLE AND GOLD before returning them, just to teach them some humility.

Those impudent liars.