No Va. Tech game next year

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by SoLa in NoIll, Oct 13, 2003.

1. SpringTiger

SpringTiger Founding Member

That is such BS! This needs to get a LOT of publicity! I want to see and hear all of the major college sports telecasts reporting this! I want to hear the ESPN Gameday dudes talking about this chickenshit move by the Hokeys! We went to their place and played them, agreeing to wait two years for the return on their part. They PROMISED to come play at Tiger Stadium after one season! What chickenshit pussies! The national media needs to call out the Vagina Tech sports brass on this!

How does LSU replace this game? The NCAA allows only 11 regular season games next year and, surely, everyone's already got 11 scheduled! Oh, I suppose LSU will find a Little Sister of the Poor who can squeeze in a trip to Tiger Town. Then, we'll have to listen to everyone talking about what a "soft" schedule LSU plays! How refuckindiculous! I'm pissed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now, I HATE THE FRIGGIN HOKEYS! LOSERS!

:geaux:

2. DeafValleyBatnR

DeafValleyBatnR Founding Member

WHY

If they play 11 games in 2004 and they have 6 home games that makes 5 other games they could have dropped unless they were all ACC games.

Gues what they dropped us and kept Cupcakes West Virginia and Western Michigan.

JOKE thats what they are "Johnny come latley"

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

4. red55

5. BayouBengalRob

BayouBengalRob Freshman

"I can't worry about the fans," Weaver said. "I've got to worry about the fiscal responsibility of this department first."

Where does he think the money comes from?

6. va_hokie

va_hokie Freshman

Not Cancelled

Hey, this Hokie was looking VERY forward to playing LSU at your home. But the BCA game was cancelled because East Carolina isnt' good enough, and we had to have another home game next year. Moving to the ACC kinda whacked our schedule up a bit. We'll be down ther in 2007 to either take another victory from you guys, or take our lumps if you turn the tables on us. No way shoudl this game be cancelled outright =)

7. HokieRif

HokieRif Freshman

Not the best choice of words from Weaver

I wasn't able to listen in last night when that was said, but he could've worded it differently.

Believe me when I say this, there's a lot of other Hokies that are upset about the game being moved. I for one was a little upset about last year's addition of Ark. St. before the LSU game. You guys showed up last year without opening up against anyone, and we could've at least done the same in return for next season. The reasoning for this change really isn't excusable, and I (as well as others) are a lot more upset with Weaver than we've ever been.

That said, I still plan on showing up in '07 (I'll probably have some more $$$ to do so, as well), and I only hope we can show up in the numbers you guys did last year - by far the biggest and most noticable visitors I've ever seen show up in Blacksburg.

8. Goldmember

Goldmember Founding Member

I understand needing a 7th home game as LSU relies on that much revenue each year as well. It just would have been nice to have a marquee match up instead of scrambling to schedule the dregs of college football again.

9. red55

We ain't blamin' the VT fans. You guys have to swallow this, too. But somebody at VT wasn't doing his job to let this happen less than a year before the game. We'll both end up playing creampuffs.

What you don't know is that LSU instituted stiff surcharges begining next year. Up to $400 a seat for the privilege of paying full price for our season tickets. It would have gone over better if we opened with a top-10 matchup game. Now we will end up opening with the University of Southern North Dakota at Hoople. For megabucks.

People are angry. If the AD can find another top Div I team for 2007, VT may get dropped.

10. HokieTiger

HokieTiger Freshman

I'm probably more disappointed than anyone. I moved down here (Covington LA) from NC this year. I attended the UGA game and couldn't wait to see my beloved Hokies come to Death Valley. I suppose the bright side of things is that at least the game wasn't canceled. I wonder why ESPN couldn't organize the pre-season game....

Tech fans have often felt slighted by programs like Tenn, Mich, ND, and Penn St who have opted not to play us in the past. It was a refreshing sight to see LSU make the haul last year... I know that most Tech fans wanted to make the trip to Baton Rouge. As an attendee of the LSU/UGA game this year, I know we could learn a LOT about tailgating.

BTW, LSU is my adopted team since I've moved down here. I'm still a Hokie first, but I've found that LSU does a fine job filling the void I have since I can no longer attend Tech games.