No Way Out in Iraq

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by CottonBowl'66, Jan 28, 2004.

1. CottonBowl'66

CottonBowl'66 Founding Member

The Pentagon is planning on having at least 100,000 troops in Iraq for the next three years, according to CBS News tonight.

That means they might be there ten years. Bush have no plan-or no intent- whatsoever to get out of Iraq. I suspect the "no intent" is more correct.

So you can plan on about $100 billion of your taxdollars going to Iraq every year for the forseeable future.

How will Bush pay for it? By borrowing of course. Plan on a half a trillion dollars being borrowed over the next few years just to pay for Iraq.

Always remember: IT IS YOUR MONEY.

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

It can't be my money. I don't have a half a trillion dollars. Hell, I don't even have a measly $Billion. I guess it will have to come out of your pocket CottonBowel.

3. martin

martin Banned Forever

yeah it might even turn out to be as bad as germany, japan even.

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Germany/Japan was a toss up. The point spread against Iraq was taken off the boards way before the game started.

5. dallastigers

dallastigers Founding Member

Weren't we in Japan for somewhere around 7 years?

How does Cotton get staying there 10 years from his first remark about 100,000 troops for three years?

I can only assume from bowel's comments that he thinks it would be better to just get out of Iraq now and leave it before it is ready. Even if a person was against the war they have to see the need to see this through. How can someone be against the war and then not want to fix the country?

6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

We have been in Korea for 54 years. No sign of any end to it.

7. DDTigerFan

DDTigerFan Back from the Dead

The minute we pull out of Korea is the same minute that North Korea takes over South Korea.

8. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

Actually, it's in Iraq's best interest and ours that we stay in Iraq. Why do you want out? Are you there? Do you know that the military has and will have covert operations and casualties in at least 7-15 other nations that you know nothing about, while keeping your happy ass safe in front of your I mac or whatever?
    Did it ever occur to you that the US military does more than just ride around in jeeps in Iraq with a bulls eye strapped to their chest?
    have you EVER served in any military branch at all? I mean more than serving mashed potatoes to the homeless at the VFW during Christmas, that doesn't count.

Maybe if you were president we could dig a hole and do like on that bugs bunny cartoon with the Ostrich, look Really worried and push our head in the hole and it will all go away.
    gee UN make the bad man go away!
    Well life aint that easy, study some History, some past US history and you will see what an isolationist policy when it comes to foreign policy does for our nation.
    It f**ks everything up. It sacrifices other cultures that started this nation I might add.
    You see we are all Chinese, Korean, Anglo-Saxxon, African, Irish, French, etc... This nation was founded on other cultures. If we abandon the world and take on a policy of ignoring them, they will eventually be on our doorstep and we do our allies a GRAVe injustice by ignoring world issues.