NOLA.com reporting that Jimmy Graham traded to Seattle

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by fanatic, Mar 10, 2015.

1. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

2. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

I can live with this trade, but would have liked to get a little more out of it. Graham is dominant when the circumstances are right, but defenses are learning more and more how to take those circumstances away. We upgrade the oline exponentially, getting younger and putting in a Pro Bowler, arguably the best center in the league. And we now have 2 number one picks, although the Seattle pick - number 31 - could go right back on the trade block.

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

SUCKS!

4. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

You lose the crazy matchup problems he creates, particularly in the red zone. But let's face it, Graham fell off badly last year. He struggles to stay healthy, and he can be bullied. We will find a way to replace his production. But I keep thinking of Bum Phillips' comment when he traded Archie for a has-been left tackle. He said,"I didn't trade Archie because he can't play QB. I traded him because he can't play tackle." We didn't get a has been, we got the best player n the league at a position where we desparately needed an upgrade. Unger's blocking will make Drew a better QB than he was last year.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2015
    Richdog, tirk and ROY_LA_CA like this.
  5. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

I think that Seattle got the better end of the trade. They could not get a better pick at 31 than Graham. Wilson likes to roll out and create options. They improve their passing game. Saint don't create much cap room this year but the next two are better. They are getting younger around an old QB. I don't like the transition.

6. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Graham is soft as the other side of the pillow. Not glad he's gone but not sad. We are a tougher team with Unger. Unfortunately lazy Ingram is running behind him. And we will struggle in the red zone. Maybe.

The only thing I don't like is it was Seattle. I want Golden Tate even though hes no longer in Seattle and now in Detroit.

7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Ain'ts didn't get value for value. If it had been straight up Graham for Richard Sherman it would have. been worth it.

8. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Graham will have half the numbers in Seattle. His value was due to the saints and brees. He's soft. This team is now tougher. Something they needed for postseason.

They won a superbowl running the ball and without jimmy Graham.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2015
    b_leblanc and Richdog like this.
  9. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

Cough, Ingram.... cough, running?

10. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

He was what he was, one of the great pass catching tight ends. Do the Saints have the numbers to make up for that? I don't know if a little more blocking and more catches from the WR's will make up for it. But then again, failure at the end of the season doesn't justify your position.

I don't know what to think about the trade right now. It is a win for the Seahawks on paper right now.