NOLA.com reporting that Jimmy Graham traded to Seattle

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by fanatic, Mar 10, 2015.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

For sure Seahawks fans are a lot happier about the trade than Saints fans.

2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

to the fridge and back, now he has a new contract. i dunno. one piece at a time. look for the saints be proactive within the next day or two. shore up that secondary and maybe add a receiver.

keenan lewis needs to keep his ass here however.

3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

of course. all fans know are qbs, rbs and wrs. graham is a self acclaimed wr. most cant name more than 1 lineman on either side of the ball.

4. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Grahams health leads me to think the time was right for a trade, but the Saints didn't get as much for him as I expected they could. Doesn't matter though, the Saints have far too much money tied up in too few players to be competitive. Plus several of the best players are free agents. I'm glad I was around long enough to see one Super Bowl win. Wish my dad could have seen it.

5. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

I thought they could have got more, too, but they traded Pro Bowler for Pro Bowler and a fourth round pick for a first round. Not bad.

6. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

The Saints lose a special talent at TE with a poor attitude in the locker room and a 4th round pick. The get one of the best centers in the NFL, instantly giving the Saints the best interior line in the NFL and making Grubbs, Evans and Brees better players plus a first round pick.

Where's the bad part?

The Saints had the best offense in the NFL before Graham arrived. I don't see them dropping out of the top 5 after he leaves. Colston, Watson and Hill will more than absorb Graham's production.

LSUDad and ParadiseiNC like this.
  7. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

I actually thought they gave up too much to keep Graham last year to begin with. Too many pieces of the team suffered to give him that contract. Better to rid themselves now, I suppose, but for me, they are 1 year late.

LSUDad likes this.
  8. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Unger is kind of injury prone, himself, isn't he?

9. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

The center of this O-line has been horrible the last 2 seasons. It's the one thing Drew Brees cannot handle is the pressure up the middle. He can get harrassed from the edges all day long, he'll simply climb the pocket. If Unger can stay healthy, Drew Brees will mimic his 2011 season this year. A healthy Mark Ingram will rush for 1300 yards.
    as well.

The thinking by Payton, which is a correct thought pattern, is to become balanced run and pass, ala 2009.

A soft as charmin Jimmy Graham renders himself useless against tough defenses, which is generally what you face by the time you reach the divisional round of the playoffs. Oddly enough, he was traded to the team who exposed this soft underbelly.

b_leblanc and LSUDad like this.
  10. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Piecing his injury history together from clips on rotoworld.com
    He missed time in '14 with a high ankle sprain and another foot injury; played only 6 games
    He missed 1 game in '13 with a concussion, and 2 more games with a strained pectoral.
    Played all 16 games in '12.
    He missed one game in '11 with a "sore foot"
    '10 was his worst year, suffered a "serious" turf toe injury in the opening game that eventually required surgery and led to his being placed on IR.
    Started every game of his rookie season, beginning at right guard and moving to center late in the year.

So he's missed 29 games in 6 years, mostly from foot-related injuries. The good news is, he's started every game he's been available throughout his career. The bad news is, he's had his share of injuries. Also my share.