Nolan's son pulls gun on assistant

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by SoLa in NoIll, Jan 7, 2003.

1. SoLa in NoIll

SoLa in NoIll Founding Member

2. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

Never liked Nolan

I don't know anything about the son in question here but I never liked Nolan Richardson. He seemed to have many quotes over the years where I remember thinking, "Did he just say that? Can he say that? I'm sure he'll face some backlash over that statement." However, he got away with most (if not all) of it. It's been awhile so I've forgotten some of the specifics of his statements. Does anyone remember some of the things I'm talking about? I'd like to refresh my memory. Not talking about the John Brady quote, more to do with his thoughts on race and such.

3. Hub

Hub Founding Member

this quote from that article could apply to either Richardson:

"The NCAA is investigating Richardson and his staff for alleged rules violations including impermissible practice out of season, unauthorized individuals recruiting, providing recruiting inducements and unethical conduct by a member of the coaching staff. "

4. PaulP

PaulP Founding Member

You know what they say.

"You can take the man out of the ghetto, but you can't take the ghetto out of the man."

5. Eleven

Eleven Founding Member

dont understand him calling Ark. a bunch of redneck racists.....i believe he was the highest paid coach at the school. i know they have had a very good basketball program, but for a basketball coach to make more than the football coach (in the SEC) is kinda crazy....doesnt seem like racism to me.

if racism makes me the highest paid employee (even when my area generates less money than another area) at a company...then damn...where do i sign up??

6. Tuwho?

Tuwho? Banned Forever

The Arkansas fans did shoot and kill his favorite horse on his farm after he lost a game--perhaps that is where he garnered some of his animosity towards Arkansas. I also recall that they shot out a window at his home or something to that effect as well but the murdering of his horse.......well what can you say about Arkansas!

7. Hub

Hub Founding Member

Sounds like a "drive-by" something he should be comfortable with.

8. Tiger Dabbs

Tiger Dabbs T.D.

tu who returns.....

...to defend Nolan Richardson?!?!?

9. Eleven

Eleven Founding Member

whoops, i meant that i was talking about his law suit against the university. i didnt really make it all that clear.

10. VP-TIGER

VP-TIGER Freshman

NRIII showd how the apple dosen't fall for from the tree.Nolan is a racist and deserves notheing. He had a great job at Ark. And he blew it. I am so sick of hearing black people cry about everying and go the race card every time they don't get soming they want.
    As for as I am concerend he can rot in his own misery for ever. For once I would like to see a black coach get fired and say hey I didn't get the job done, insted of saying I was fired because I am black. I have respect for people like that. And NR3 will probably sue for descrimination even though he pulled a gun on a coach. COme on.