Non-LSU: Amp Hill

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by BostonBengal, Sep 5, 2006.

1. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

Just saw on USF's website that Amp had 2 catches for 17 yards in the Bulls victory over McNeese State.

Boy, if he were upset about not being a starter at LSU, he must REALLY be feeling good about his situation at USF where he's no higher on their depth chart (no higher than 3rd) as he was when he left here. Still might be a good decision for him though considering with LaFell, he might be no better than 4th here.

Oh well. Just thought I'd mention it.

2. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

Thanks for the post. Hadn't thought of him in a while. Hope he does well, but, as you said, I doubt his stock would be much higher here.

3. TigerFan23

TigerFan23 USMC Tiger

Kind of funny how these kids who left LSU because they thought they were bigger than the program are doing so well at other schools, i.e. Amp Hill, Barrington Edwards, Robert Lane (I count him because he was a long time verbal commitment), and I'm sure countless others. Maybe we can throw Antonio Robinson in the mix.

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I think that Amp was looking at Bowe, Davis, Green, Brazell ahead of him with Carter and Doucet in the mix and felt like it was too crowded for a guy coming off an injury to get in the rotation again. Transferring to a smaller school was probably the right move for him.

He was going to start in game one as a true freshman at LSU, he was that good in August practice. But the severe knee injury changed his life and altered his career. I don't blame him for finding a easier path.

5. tenebrism

tenebrism Founding Member

i don't blame antonio for leaving, it's not like he wouldn't see playing time. it's that he wouldn't see it at the position he has pretty much always played.

he'll do good at another school.

6. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

But sometimes, you gotta have faith in your coaches. Ask Corey Webster, Marcus Spears and especially Josh Reed if they aren't glad that the coaches convienced them to make a position switch??

Obviously, the staff feels that Antonio's biggest asset--and best way to get on the field (or to the next level) is at a different position. ...But I guess Antonio's desire to play running back trumps that of what the coaches think.

Oh well, I wish him the best of luck--hope he never looks back and regrets his decision.

7. Lil Jules

Lil Jules Founding Member

But maybe its not his biggest asset. He may be a better running back than linebacker, but the team has a greater need for him to play linebacker because of the depth situation there. If that's the case, then it could very well be in his best interest to transfer and show what he can do at another school.

8. upsizin

upsizin Founding Member

I dont think those guys thought they were bigger than the program... I think they didnt think they were good enough for the program...

guys like amp hill and barrington edwards go from being 5 star commits, to 4th on the depth chart with talent coming in, and it's hard to be a great athlete and not play... I'm happy they go off other places with a better chance of starting..

and fwiw... I thought edwards was doing well at unc?

9. BigWee_TEAMKATT

BigWee_TEAMKATT Victory for LSU!!!

On the other side of that, where would Marshal Faulk be if he had let all the big time college football programs convince him that wasn't good enough to be a great running back?