(Non-LSU) USC #1 RB Hershel Dennis Out for Season

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TejasTiger, Apr 7, 2006.

1. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

Fifth year senior and we haven't heard much of this guy? How good is he really? Granted he was behind Bush and White, but I've never heard of the guy. I doubt USC misses a beat with him out. They have plenty of eagerly waiting young talent. I young RB star will shine, bank on it.

2. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

"Never underestimate my ability to overcoach an underachieving team ! "

3. clair

clair Rockets

and exactly what experience do these bozos have?

We can't assume they will be amazing until we see them play...

If they were that good, they wouldn't have been 10th string to start with :)

4. gunwoady

gunwoady Founding Member

Not saying they'll be great, but just by the magnitude of talent they recruited at that position I wouldn't bet they'll be hurting. In '03 they rotated inexperienced true freshmen, just like we did at TB. Last year TX was rotating 2 true freshmen at TB too.

5. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

That doesn't mean they aren't extremely talented either, no one heard of Marcus Allen until Charles White graduated but I'd say he did a pretty good job his senior year.

Many times in college it depends on who is ahead of you as to how much you accomplish as an underclassman.

And remember, William Andrews was the blocking back for James Brooks and lionel James at Auburn and I dare say he was the better of the 3 in the NFL till he blew out his knee.

Wonder also who knew who Barry Sanders was in 1987 when Thurmond Thomas led the Cowboys in rushing for 3 straight years, all of us knew him 2628 yards later in 1988.

6. clair

clair Rockets

I agree to an extent... it is just hard to believe that USC's 5th stringers are going to be able to dish it out wiht the big boys, because this will indeed be their 5th string back from last season

7. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Hate to see players injured. USC will be fine and their running game will be fine because the PAC10 doesn't defend against the run.

8. tigerlaw

tigerlaw Founding Member

USC has two or three of the most highly recruited RB's out of last year's class. RB is the one skill position where freshmen can come in and excel right away (i.e., A. Peterson and Vincent).

USC's real problem is going to be their QB situation. If Booty doesn't pan out (injury or otherwise) and they're forced to go with a RS freshman, then it won't matter if you have Barry Sanders in the backfield 'cause opposing teams are going to put 8 in the box every time. Freshmen QB's rarely, if ever, have a lot of success.

9. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

I think Booty will suck... Damn it, I keep forgetting that USC plays in the PAC10. I still think he will suck.

10. clair

clair Rockets

I heard on ESPN that with his injury, he may not even start...

let them start a freshman with a 5th stringer at RB... this should be a good season for them!