(Non LSU) Vince Young's Wonderlic Score= 6 out of 50 (!!)

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TejasTiger, Feb 26, 2006.

1. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

I'm certain that Oliver Stone had a hand in this.

2. Dirt Dog

Dirt Dog Founding Member

Young took the test again and scored 16.

Maybe it was a take-home test this time around. :hihi:

3. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

If there was an "error in scoring" why wouldn't it just be re-scored? No need to give another test.

Kinda makes you wonder how grades are handed out to athletes at Long Whore U, doesn't it?!

4. Robidoux87

Robidoux87 You call that a double?

I happen to think that one of the great things about America is that someone who is functionally illiterate can become rich and famous by throwing a football, dribbling a basketball, hitting a baseball or running oil companies into the ground and then becoming president.

Why should smart people get all of the glory?

5. Lil Jules

Lil Jules Founding Member

According to the guy that makes the tests, anything below 10 is considered to be less than "literate". Average is somewhere in the low 20's. Cutler did pretty well (high 20's). Linart did outstanding(low to mid 30's). The highest score in the last few years went to Alex Smith (He was accepted into Harvard, but chose to go to Utah). Even if Young pulled out a 16 on his second try, he's still well below average. Reports are that he is planning to take it once more. If I had to bet right now, I'd say Cutler goes before Young now. Norm Chow is said to not be thrilled with having to retool his offense to suit Young's running style. Maybe he'll go 4 to the Jets.

6. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

travis daniels scored a 10 i think and corey webster scored a 12. not to mention Dan Marino scored a 16. 2 rookies who basically started and a first ballot hall of famer all of whom aren't very smart according to the wonderhick test.

i guess the marino score kinda takes away any ammo for those saying a qb has to do better than a 6 or 16. maybe that's why he couldn't win the big one.

7. Dutchtown tiger

Dutchtown tiger Founding Member

I took the wonderlic test twice in job interviews where I scored in the 30's one time and around 40 the second go around. The test is impossible to finish b/c you have 12 minutes to finish 50 questions. They have verbal analogies, math problem solving and numbers in a series which I answered all the verbal, and series questions and some problem solving, but you will never have time to finish a 1/4 of the test if you just answered the math portion. Like any other test, it is how you take it.

8. philter

philter Founding Member

9. Hawker45

Hawker45 Founding Member

Rumor has it that many players see the word "Wonderlic" and think it's a test to see if they're gay, thus the low scores.