(NonLSU) UGA Prez to CBS-"Don't Call UGA-Fla Game 'World's Largest Cocktail Party'"

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TejasTiger, May 15, 2006.

1. TejasTiger

TejasTiger Founding Member

What a freaking puss! Uh, guy, the game is played in a neutral site-Jacksonville-which sits *370 miles away* from Athens, Georgia. As for UGA being a 'party' school, it's a major state university---by default, it's gonna have that as part of its image.

I'm sure this bulls*it, politically-correct nonsense is gonna sit real well with the thousands of UGA tailgaters, too. Grow a pair, dude, and get some perspective! Just another attempt at a socially-inept career "educator"/administrator who *hates* athletics and all of its trappings. The same dude that got laughed at by the jocks and cheerleaders when in high school, trying to piss on other people's parade...:angryfire

2. Aubie16

Aubie16 Founding Member

Oh you have no idea how much the Georgia tailgaters already hate this guy.

Growing up around Atlanta, and having numerous friends that attend Georgia currently, he is quickly becoming the most hated man in Athens.

He is doing all sorts of anti-drinking intiatives in Athens. He is currently pushing for some legislation that would kick students out of school after 2 alcohol related offenses (minor in possession, public drunkeness, dui, possession of a fake id, etc.)

He has requested different rules for tailgating involving alcohol, etc.

I actually feel sorry for my friends over there.

3. pharpe

pharpe Founding Member

Re: (NonLSU) UGA Prez to CBS-"Don't Call UGA-Fla Game 'World's Largest Cocktail Party

I just read this on SI and thought how friging gay. I hate both of those schools but it still pisses me off. :angryfire What is the world coming to? I'm so glad I went to college when I did that's for sure. Oh, and I love how they take an incident, that they even admit was unrelated to the game, and throw it in there to try to justify their stance.:dis:

4. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

Re: (NonLSU) UGA Prez to CBS-"Don't Call UGA-Fla Game 'World's Largest Cocktail Party

just heavy-handed religious fanaticism, or catering to it.

5. youcandoit1687

youcandoit1687 Founding Member

have their been major alcohol problems like someone dying of alcohol poisoning or any scandals of that nature? if theres nothing wrong with it, dont fix it. hes gonna end up with tons of kids sneaking stuff in and it getting out of control

6. LSUalum24

LSUalum24 Founding Member

Well, I doubt Jacksonville is going to curb the alcohol abuse there. All the locals have to drink heavily to deal with the fact they live in Jacksonville (Sorry Hawker).

7. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

The world's largest outdoor cocktail party = any LSU home game !

8. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

UGA had an underage student die of alcohol poisoning a few weeks ago. They've had a lot of problems with underage students drinking and getting in trouble.

9. Hawker45

Hawker45 Founding Member

Actually, I live on Amelia Island, but I get your point.
    Also, this is much ado about nothing. The Ga/Fla game use fit the title (WLOCP), but the grounds around the stadium are no more with the new baseball stadium, convention center... and all the highrises going in along the river. In fact, the place is quite "controlled" now... not near as much fun.

And as for the death during last year's game... Jacksonville has had 43 murders since January 1. The fact that we had one during the entire week of the Georgia-Florida game actually has kept us off our record setting pace.:shock:

10. GetBackToWork

GetBackToWork Founding Member

Notice he did not suggest a new moniker to go in its place. Only fools tamper with alum traditions and not have a full plan in place. A better way would have been to keep these comments on the quiet, while coming up with a joint marketing effort involving Florida and offering a new name.

This guy will likely call for Alcohol Awareness activities in the parking lot, and cupcake decorating parties for students.